Replacement Radio Citroen C5

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

silversurfer

Replacement Radio Citroen C5

Post by silversurfer »

We have a Citroen C5 radio which has gone wrong and the computer won't work. We have now ordered a replacement radio from EBay. I just wanted to know about coding and whether anybody can point me in the right direction about this. As far as I understand, if we put the new radio in, it will work but not via the steering wheel controls. Is that correct and if so, how do I find a code?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Replacement Radio Citroen C5

Post by Peter.N. »

If you are replacing it with an original C5 radio it will need coding, anyone with a Lexia should be able to do it for you, uncoded it will work but will continually bleep at you.

Peter
silversurfer

Post by silversurfer »

Thankyou Peter. I'm a female so I feel I can get away with being ignorant about these things!! What is a Lexia please. I should perhaps add that we live in France.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Ah, that might it more difficult. A Lexia is a Citroen/Peugeot fault reading and programming device, there I quite a few members that have them over here but France I don't know about. If you fit an alternative radio with an adapter kit it should work OK but but you may not have use of the remote controls and display.

Peter
silversurfer

Post by silversurfer »

Thanks for that.
Muggle
My Cars: Citroen BX diesel turbo (a long time ago)
Peugeot 406 2.1 diesel saloon (after the BX)
Peugeot 406 Hdi 2.0 Estate after the 405)
Rover 75 2.0d Connoisseur saloon (Fantastic BMW engine, all the toys - stolen in Italy)
Citroen C5 2.0 diesel Exclusive Tourer (Blissful suspension, so relaxing, but ridiculously unreliable electronics, but I've had it for 5 years and will miss it somehow.)
Current: Peugeot 407 Sports Coupe 16v 2.0 diesel (quiet, quick, handling and cornering very nice, suspension a little hard - can I have my C5 back, please?, lol).
4 Jobs (that I know of):
1. Fit towbar (I'm a caravanner)
2. Fit 'Connect2' bluetooth handsfree
3. Fit front proximity sensors
4. Enjoy

Post by Muggle »

Hi - I'm male but have no problems admitting my innocence/ignorance in these things. I am about to upgrade the radio in my Citroen C5 to an identical-looking one (apart from a small 'mp3' logo above the radio on the front panel) from a later model which will play mp3 discs. I can fit it OK, but would need someone to 'code' it for me with the car. Are there any members with Lexias who live on or near the Wirral who could do this for me? I guess I can travel as far as is needed to get the job done.
KC
Muggle

possum ergo ago
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Are MP3's discs? Mine (2008) has mp3, but there is an extension set of sockets in the glovebox for plugging in your MP3 player (as far as I know, coz I ain't got one).
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

With a phono to 3.5mm adapter like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/?_nkw=phono%2 ... 7737623699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can plug anything with a headphone socket into the glovebox plugs- an mp3 player, a laptop or even a cassette player.

You can also copy mp3 files onto a CD and play them on your head unit. You can get 10-15 albums on one CD that way, which cuts down on the clutter in the car.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
nonnus
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 2.0HDi Activa
Citroen C5 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by nonnus »

Hi guys... I know this is an old topic... trying not to create a new one... so hope you can see and help me with an issue.

Recently I bought a second generation Citroen C5 (MK2 with the bomerang shape lights) it has the SatNav. So the radio is the SatNav version with gsm phone card, etc.

So my question is, if anyone knows, if it is possible to replace the original radio for another brand that is not stock... like sony or pionneer or Kenwood. Because I know the original radio has the SatNav\Clim\Audio\Radio\Telfn buttons etc... so if I replace the radio these options might no longer be available or shown in the tft screen above??

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, thats the RT3 Navidrive - I had one in my 2005 Mk 2 Exclusive. I think you've answered your own question there - these earlier Magneti Marelli units handled the front / rear parking sensor displays, plus a lot of the car options such as the directional lighting, the temperature and climate control settings, the Navigation of course, telephone and SMS text messaging (send and receive), auto wiping, consumption / trip computer and a few I can't remember now. If you dump this type of head unit, you will loose control of the these functions, plus the diagnostic warning messages and information - all of these came through on the large screen on these models. Later X7s have most of the warnings and configuration via the secondary colour screen on the dashboard display now.

These were quite good units - Dual tuners and a SIM card goes in the front vertical slot for the internal telephone. Mine had the CD Changer under the passenger seat, but it will also play MP3 CDs, which of course, hold quite a few tracks over a normal CD. A lot of funtionality to give up IMO. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nonnus

Post by nonnus »

Hummm... ok, thank you for the answer "GiveMeABreak". Another thing... the image of the radio shows mp3... is the head unit mp3 suported or is the cd changer that suports mp3?? ( it's quite not important, but it's good to know... I will chose to install the "xcarlink module" to connect in the back of the radio (cd changer off) to play mp3 files with usb or sd card)...

Best regards... ;)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's the main CD slot in the Head Unit that plays CDs or MP3s, the CD Changer is for CDs only IIRC. :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nonnus

Post by nonnus »

Hello again... I don't want to open a new post about C5 sound system... so I'm going to ask in this thread.
Continuing about C5 sound system, I have another question that I can't find anywhere and it is about the Wattage\RMS\Channels of the Amplifier. Does anyone knows the Wattage\power\rms of the JBL amplifier that it is located in the back of the glovebox. And also the power used in all speakers???? It is for the Citroen C5 Mk2 (2004-2007 facelift)

JBL 96 533 836 80
EQ NOV03 RT3/RD4
HS 6415 L4
Last edited by nonnus on 24 Dec 2016, 03:19, edited 2 times in total.
clairemorris
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6 diesel estate

Post by clairemorris »

Hi All

I was wondering if you could help me please, as searching through the internet isn't really giving me any answers. I have just a 56 reg Citroen C5 and the radio is a bit rubbish, so I was hoping to replace it with my DAB/Bluetooth radio from my old car, but the radio in my new 56 reg seems to be an intergrated system with non-radio functions on the panel.

Is it possible to replace, if so where can I find the details on how to do this?

Kind Regards
Claire Morris
Last edited by clairemorris on 02 Jan 2017, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
clairemorris
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6 diesel estate

Post by clairemorris »

Hi All

I was wondering if you could help me please, as searching through the internet isn't really giving me any answers. I have just a 56 reg Citroen C5 and the radio is a bit rubbish, so I was hoping to replace it with my DAB/Bluetooth radio from my old car, but the radio in my new 56 reg seems to be an intergrated system with non-radio functions on the panel.

Is it possible to replace, if so where can I find the details on how to do this?

The stereo in my car looks like this one:-

Kind Regards
Claire Morris
Last edited by myglaren on 02 Jan 2017, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image link corrected and inserted