rt5 sat nav

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: RichardW

adekee1

rt5 sat nav

Post by adekee1 » 24 Mar 2017, 21:32

Hello im new to the forum,hoping someone can help,I've got a 2009 407 with an rt5 sat nav,the screen showed to update but wouldn't take an upgrade,I waa told it could be the hard drive so I took the top off to have a look and somehow managed to tear the wire ribbon,after reading different forums it seems they do weaken on the fold,the problem has been tryin to locate a ribbon I found a place in Spain autotronics.eu,has anyone had any dealings with them or can advise on where to get one,many thanks,ade

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: rt5 sat nav

Post by GiveMeABreak » 24 Mar 2017, 21:54

adekee1 wrote:Hello im new to the forum,hoping someone can help,I've got a 2009 407 with an rt5 sat nav,the screen showed to update but wouldn't take an upgrade,I waa told it could be the hard drive so I took the top off to have a look and somehow managed to tear the wire ribbon,after reading different forums it seems they do weaken on the fold,the problem has been tryin to locate a ribbon I found a place in Spain autotronics.eu,has anyone had any dealings with them or can advise on where to get one,many thanks,ade

Give the Clarion Centre a ring - they are UK based and are licensed repairers for Magneti Marelli systems including the RT5. They may well have a ribbon cable for you.
http://www.clarion-service.co.uk/cs/Ori ... pment.html

adekee1

Post by adekee1 » 24 Mar 2017, 22:34

Cheers marc I've been in touch with clarion and still waiting for a reply,hopefully they have one,autotronics say they can supply one it's just the payment procedure I'm not sure about,

Trainman
donor 2018

Post by Trainman » 25 Mar 2017, 21:31

Are you sure it's RT5? Does it have Bluetooth? If not its RT4

Although the same discs should work, the cables though are different