central locking problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

richardwebb67
My Cars:

central locking problems

Post by richardwebb67 »

hey i have got a 306 1.4xl m reg. I have recently come across a problem with the central locking. Everytime i put the central locking on the indecator ( on the drivers side ) seems to stay on. I have recently changed the indecator relay but still no joy. Has anyone come across this problem with there central locking. I would be greatful that anyone knows how to fix it cheaply becuase im a poor student lol. cheers
Pedrolot
My Cars:

Post by Pedrolot »

does it have an alarm too? if so it sounds like the motherboard to me. your best bet is to upgrade to a better system as peugeot security systems are pants! sorry i could be of little help.
richardwebb67
My Cars:

Post by richardwebb67 »

hey yes it does have a alarm on it but i have switched it off because it kept going off even with the slightes touch [:(!]. Anyhow thanks for the comment and ill get someone to have a look at the motherboard for me. cheers
solara

Post by solara »

I recall a flasher and lights control unit which sits next to the engine alarm/immobiliser control panel. A sticking relay could be the likely cause.
You can find both these panels under the carpet of the drivers seat. The flasher control panel is the smaller of the two.