Pug 106 1.1 carb overhaul kits????

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DuncanIV
My Cars:

Pug 106 1.1 carb overhaul kits????

Post by DuncanIV »

Hi,new to the forum:)
We are having loads of trouble with my girlfriends 1.1 106 (K reg)
so much so, that she now has to carry a hammer in the car to give the carb a whack when she hears the dying sound of the engine soon after first start up[:D]
The fuel pump is new and working fine.the problem is ,is that theres something sticking closed, right where the fuel first goes in above the float thing,kind of like a cut off ??
If we remove the fuel pipe feed to the carb and blow with another piece of tubing ,theres no way through.if we then give the carb a slight tap,right where the pipe connects it frees it,and then we can blow through and upon reconnecting the fuel pipe it starts right away!!
The car will last a few more days then it will do the same ,start, then cutout after using all the fuel in the carb.
Is there a overhaul kit available for this carb:solex 32 pbisa.
On looking at a cutaway pic of the carb ,the fuel goes in and into like the float chamber.the float rises when its full and activates a small plunger thing to cut off fuel supply.This is whats sticking on her car.
Thanks
Dunc
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Have you tried a Solex carburetor dealer?
Also have you tried a Pug dealer?
Have a look in Yellow pages or on the internet for an agent near you.
If it was my car & funds permitted I would ditch the Solex carb & get a Webber carb fitted.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try a webb search under Aldon engineering or just aldon. They're in the West midlands but sell Solex and Webber carb repair kits. But it sounds as though the filter that sits in the neck of the fuel line as it enteres the carb may be blocked. It's only little but it can be removed with a very small pair of tweezers. Also could be the fuel cut of valve which is shutting. There may be some wiring to this part of the carb fron a solenoid. When the fuel level gets too high in the float chamber the solenoid cuts of the valve and so stops any more fuel in to the carb until the float is lowe enough to let the valve open again. Under the fuel inlet pipe is the accelerator pump diaphram and this may be shot to bits and in which case is possibly better to just buy a recon carb. This carb was also fitted on to pug 205 1.4, 1.1 and loads of other french cars so finding one shouldn't be too hard.
DuncanIV
My Cars:

Post by DuncanIV »

Thanks guys for the info.
Replacing the carb for a new unit is not a viable option on a car of this age and milage so ill have to look around for a solex dealer near me.
I'll have a look for the filter Stuart,it sounds like this may be the problem.
many thanks for all the help