keys and plips

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

keys and plips

Post by caveman_si »

right folks need some advice and afew pointers.
the car is a 405 1.9td m reg, ir plip (one button)
Ive already got a set of locks door/ignition/boot to swap into the car when i get a free (non rainny) afternoon off. THe door locks arent a prob im well practiced and i cant see any major probs with the boot other then the rivits (im all fingers and thumbs when it comes to them) but what are the problems im likly to encounter with the igniton barrel? Im assuming its straight forward and i can more or less follow the haines BOL???
ON to the plib.
how do i programme another plib to be the same as the one ive got ie unlock and lock my car?? eg one bought of ebay. cos mines on its last legs. Yes i have done a search on here and the netbut im still confused (no im not going to a dealer i aint selling my kidneys i like drinking too much). will changing the igniton barrel and orplib affect the imobiliser?
cheers for the help
si
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
To get the ignition barrel out, you insert the key, turn the lock & press the small metal clip down in the lock housing & the barrel then slides out.
You cant have 2 plips with different codes working the same car, Its one code only im afraid.
To programme a plip on a 405. Doors shut & unlocked, Ignition on, Aim the plip at the infra red pick up & either press & hold the button for a few seconds or press it quickly 10 times, Then try the plip out.
Changing the ignition barrel wont affect the imobiliser.
The 405s only ever had the rubbish imobiliser that can be unplugged & only works when the doors are locked with the remote.
The early keypad with the "D/N" button that is nearly as bad.
The later keypad with the "S" button & is Thatcham Cat 2 which is good.
No transponder imobiliser was ever fitted to the 405.