Speakers in 205?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dvhttn

Speakers in 205?

Post by dvhttn »

Hi,
More 205 queries - this time about speakers. My diesel has front speakers but no rear. It seems this is standard. I pulled the rear speaker grill off today and there was nowt behind it. Grubbing around with my hand didn't fidn any wiring either (though I was in the back as my wife drove down the M4 as I was doing it ...).
As I intend to keep it for a while I want to install rear speakers so I have a couple of questions:
a) should I just pull a couple of speakers from the breakers or can I get reasonably cheap ones new?
b) as for wiring is there any there for the rear speakers at all or do I have to wire from the radio back? (No problems doing this - just want to kow if I have to).
Cheers
Pug106Dave
My Cars:

Post by Pug106Dave »

Yeah speakers are really easy to get hold of cheap ones do the job remarkebly well, I put a set of £20 sony's in the back of mine and it made a huge difference to the road noise and made it much better on motorways. Wiring is just a matter of running it under back seat and under carpets etc...
They're a bit of a squeeze to fit through the hole in the trim panel, I had to bend some of the brackets on the speaker and they just fit in, also I had to drill the mounting holes as there were none...