306 XNd ... Help!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pugsy77
My Cars:

306 XNd ... Help!

Post by Pugsy77 »

Hi,
I own a post Irish(all the required bits swapped over to British standards via DVLA by previous owner) '94 Peugeot 306 XNd, 3 door with PAS and 102k+ on the clock, when bought used in 2002. Its currently on 145K and running smoothly as ever.
I didn't get a car handbook with it. Therefore a list of problems which i'm trying to indentify are not easily found on the Haynes manual.
Currently my front passenger window (manual) regulator/winder mechanism appears to be dead. I am sure the driverside window mechanism is possibly on its way out, as it tends to jam during hot weather. I have managed to get the front/rear door cards + seats of a P reg 306 DTurbo or XSi from ebay. The seats are in, but the problem is with the front door cards, as they include electric switches for electric windows, can this be fitted to my '94 XNd ? do the doors require extra wires for all the electrics? if i bought the necessary window motors from GSF or elsewhere, can it be fitted?
can someone please tell me the standard type of headlamps ive got on my 306 XNd? as i'm not too sure if they're single or twin lens and they are in need of replacing.
thanks for your help.
Pugsy77[:)]
solara

Post by solara »

Probably twin if '94 model.
Do you have separate bulbs for high beam and low beam? ie left and right of headlamp unit. If so, its a twin.
Pugsy77
My Cars:

Post by Pugsy77 »

solara, thanks for the input. yes, it has got two bulbs in the headlamp - so that's the headlamps sorted.
cheers
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

yes you can convert to electric windows, you will need to puty the relay in under the dash (green one IIRC) also the complete window assembly needs to be swapped for the electric one (drill the old rivets out and replace with 8mm nut and bolt) then you need the door looms as well. Cheapest way is to visit a local breakers yard. All the phase one's used the same looms so just look for any pre 97 306 with same amount of doors as yours.
Pugsy77
My Cars:

Post by Pugsy77 »

thanks for the info Bad driver. looks like a visit to the breakers this weekend then.. [:D]
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bad driver</i>

yes you can convert to electric windows, you will need to puty the relay in under the dash (green one IIRC) also the complete window assembly needs to be swapped for the electric one (drill the old rivets out and replace with 8mm nut and bolt) then you need the door looms as well. Cheapest way is to visit a local breakers yard. All the phase one's used the same looms so just look for any pre 97 306 with same amount of doors as yours.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
does the window have to be taken out???
any guides??
is it a big job?