306 Heater Blower AirCon - Lack Of

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SLFROG

306 Heater Blower AirCon - Lack Of

Post by SLFROG »

I have a 2000 W plate 306 meridian, the whole heater blower demister and air con unit has stopped working. No heat, no cold, no blowing at all!
We know that there are no leaks, and that the gas doesn’t need refilling. Also the circuit board (that Peugeot reckoned it was) has been checked by someone who actually works with circuit boards, and its fine.
As nothing works at all we decided to check the power to the unit, and there is no power.
There also doesn’t appear to be any power to the fuse or the relay, but without a wiring diagram we can’t really check the system. I’m not taking it to a Peugeot garage, cos I’m not having every component of my engine changed just because its easier than thinking about the problem!
Haynes don’t do a manual for this reg 306 yet, so we can’t look in there for a wiring diagram.
Does anyone know where I can get one?
Looking at these forums it looks like is a common problem, what a surprise!
If anyone has any other ideas I would be grateful.
[:(]
r_306_XSi
My Cars:

Post by r_306_XSi »

There are "Electronic Part Catalogue" CD-Roms on Ebay for around £5.
These claim to have all wiring diagrams / harness id's etc for all peugeot models. I bought one, haven't got it yet - but will let you know how useful it is...
But, looking at my wiring diagram (R Reg 306 XSI) the fuse (21) is powered from the ignition switch / accessory position via the main engine bay fuse MF2 - although if this fuse had blown (despite it being very large ampage) quite a lot of stuff wouldn't work (i.e. electric windows / radio) so I doubt that has blown!
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Have a look on here, Click on the electrical part at the top of the page & have a look down the list on the left hand side.
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm
SLFROG

Post by SLFROG »

Thanks r 306 xsi for the tips on the electronic catalogues, i've decided that £5 wont break the bank, so i'm waiting for mine to arrive too.
Also thanks powerlee, i went to the web site, my circuit board is currnetly being looked at by a friend, so i'll know if its that soon enough.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Citroen / Pugeot had this really good idea that they would wire all the heavy load for the blower through the ignition switch on several models. Result is that it burns the contacts out in the ignition switch - hence no power to the system. There might be enough contact left to power up a relay, otherwise you'll need to pull a feed from somewhere else and wire in a relay - or replace the ignition switch.
Sorry don't know the specifics of the 306, but you should be able to find a connector under the steering column somewhere that you can bridge out to test if it's the ignition or not.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Hi, Did you manage to solve the problem, not sure if I have the same problem? But I have no heater controls/Ac etc.
Thanks
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Try the green relay in the fusebox that controls the fan and heater/air con.
Paul.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I've had a look and it seems as if the connectors on the car side have melted. Am I right in thinking that is only a plug that can be changed?
Strange how the Peugeot Mechanic didn't find it?
Thanks for the update.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Although some two of the connectors are slightly melted the Peugeot garage inform me that its not the relay at fault.
Any other ideas? Really need help now!
Does the Aircon circuit board control the blowers too?
Thanks