406 TD snapped cambelt now running rough

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Took it for a 1 mile test drive and it seems to drive fine now, very strange, at idle the smoke seems to have gone so maybe there was oil somewhere it shouldnt have been in the engine and needed burning off,
I disconnected each injector pipe nut in turn and the engine started running quite rough and shaking, when i sit in the car on idle, the car is still shaking a bit, it used to be very smooth and quiet and isnt anymore,
Another thing i have noticed is the engine temperature slowly rises to 72 degreesC on warm up and then it sits there solid at 72 c, i left it idling for nearly an hour and it didnt rise and i drove it in the middle too and it never rose, i thought these engines should run at 90C ??
If i disconnect the needle lift sensor there is a slight change in the engine note so i assume it is working, but i disconnected both the needle lift and the TDC sensor and the tacho still worked?, i read i a previous thread that with both these disconnected the tacho should die but mine didnt, i wanted to disconnect them in turn to see if either sensor was faulty,
Maybe i should just get on and drive it daily now and see how it goes?
Also there is a loud whirring noise from the cam belt as i start to increase revs from idle and it goes away as i reacg 1800rpm, i assume this is just because its a new belt and needs to bed down?
Sorry for all the questions everyone, but although i have enjoyed fixing my car myself, i still dont think its right !