305 xsi de cat

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevc
My Cars:

305 xsi de cat

Post by kevc »

newbie here!!! can anybody point me in the direction of a supplier of a cat replacement pipe for my 306 xsi? its a '97 "R".
The rest of the system is STD at the mo.
Cheers
Kev C
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

I used a turbo diesel downpipe spliced into the XSi one, thus retaining the Lambda sensor, Cost 21.00 and a nights babtsitting for my mate who did the job.
Paul.
kevc
My Cars:

Post by kevc »

i got a guy who can fit it (dosent need a babysitter!!) but im confused as to the downpipe? does this mean i retain the std manifold,shoe horn in a TD downpipe to replace the cat section and mate to the rest of the xsi system?
also i have other posts on clutch stiffness (oh er!) and a strange prob with the airbag light
any help appriciated
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Strange, the td doesnt have a lambda sensor!!!!
Do you mean HDI??
Mate, look in your phone book for a powerflow dealer or magnex, both could sort you with a proper direct replacemnt part to your requirements
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I hate to suggest it, but something like Max Power will have quite a few of ads with what you're after. More if it's a Savo VTR, though...
kevc
My Cars:

Post by kevc »

contacted rs tyres and exhaust in redhill (powerflow dealer) and they said they wouldnt undertake the work as it is really hard to do and not really worth doing...oh well dont wont to bother them too much!! would recomend them to all of customers and friends...if i wanted to lose all my friends and customers!...any one else know of a way?? tried max power etc etc but nobody produces a part for this car
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Tried Skip Brown (01829 720492)? They're Peugeot nuts and having been past their garage a few times, they've had some nice cars there... on the A41 in South Cheshire, if you're passing...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bad driver</i>

Strange, the td doesnt have a lambda sensor!!!!
Do you mean HDI??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
HDi's dont have lambda sensors either.