electric window

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fred1bloggs

electric window

Post by fred1bloggs »

Hi All
Peugeot 2.0 LX electric windows front only.
Passenger front window will not move down. Can here a click from the button when i press down and then again when i press up ,same from both sides passenger or driver side buttons.
there seems to ba a voltage at the plug on the window motor.
Any advise or suggestion on removal would be appreciated.
Rehards Fred
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Try putting a direct 12v feed to the motor and see ifit moves. The window mechanism has a load sensor in it and when there is too much pressure required for movement a sloenoid clicks and cuts power to the motor. Try pushing down on the window whilst the button is pressed, it may just be jammed. If that doesnt work or a direct 12v feed then its probably best to replace the mechanism. I picjked up a 2 complete mechanisms for £15 from a scrappy. So its inexpensive to swap. the motor will be riveted to the door, just drill the rivets and replace with 6mm nut and bolt.
fred1bloggs

Post by fred1bloggs »

Hi baddriver
Thanks that seems like a good plan thanks for the quick reply, wonder if you would have any advise about what i might expect to find as i release the motor . Not sure how to release the glass from the motor.
thanks again
Regards fred
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

HI, I'm assuming most peugeots use the same set up, I only really know my around the 306 and 205/309's. Anyway, it is going to be very difficult to remove the glass without being able to wind the window down, to release the glass from the mechanism there is a square plate on the back of the glass where it fastens to the runner. Twist this either direction about 45 degrees and it will come free so the glass can be pushed off the peg. This is where it could get tricky, if its the same as the 306 you should now be able to slide the glass down, remove the rubbers, take the glass out and your away, if its like the 309's it will also be on runners along the bottom of the glass. If this is the case then if you undo the window mechanism from the door you should be able to jiggle it about to get the rollers out of the runners.
Good luck as its a tight fit to get to the glass with the window up!!
fred1bloggs

Post by fred1bloggs »

Thanks bad driver
I will let you know what i find as soon as the sun comes out again
cheers fred
fred1bloggs

Post by fred1bloggs »

Hi Bad Driver
Guess what it rained last night ,taught i would try again it worked. So i guess its a tight fit in the runners or the window seal is a bit tight. Will try and find a suitable grease and lube where i can.
Thanks again for your help
regards fred