307 faults

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qwerty
My Cars:

307 faults

Post by qwerty »

I have bought a 307 hdi hatch and have found a few pretty bad faults and will not be buying another one unless there is a big improvement with the carpets ,trim and gearbox. This car has only done 17,000 miles and the arpet at drivers side has come away from the sill [common problem with 307s].Inner door handle bezels keep falling off and rear hatch trim does,nt fit under hatch seal .Gearbox has loud whine on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear on the overrun otherwise a great car.
I have e-mailed Peugeot customer services with very poor response.
Has anyone else have problems with there 307.[:(]
andy1
My Cars:

Post by andy1 »

Hi
have just found this forum
I have a Dturbo 307 51 plate with 24K miles which has had the following faults.
Poor starting in the cold, after many complaint to my local garage they stated that the battery needed a larger amperage battery this has now solved the starting but why did Peugeot fit the smaller batter in the first place??
Noise when letting the cluch out, resulted in new clutch and flywheel.
Noking noise from rear, after many trips to garage have now fitted modified mounts to rear rollbar, noise now stoped.
just had 24k service and have been told that the rear shock are leaking and are not covered by warranty,I am having discussions with Peugeot but dont hold much hope in them paying.
I have been very disaponted in the mechanics of this car have owned both a 306 and 309 and have hade no major mechanical problems with these car both did in excess of 100k miles.[:(!][:(!]