1993 306 Indicators stuck on - Help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ade01

1993 306 Indicators stuck on - Help

Post by Ade01 »

Hi
I have a 1993 1.4xl 306 which has just developed a fault with the indicators and I'm a bit uneducated when it comes to electrics so any help would be appreciated.
The nearside indicators front and rear are stuck in the illuminated state, while the offside ones continue to operate as normal. This is obviously wearing the battery down, so I've disconnected it temporarily.
This had been an intermittent problem when turning the alarm on for a while, but before I've been able to turn the alarm off and on again to solve it.
I've tried messing around with the stalk and the relay as well, but it just stays on all the time!
Any ideas appreciated.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Stuck relay in the alarm ECU, disconect the alarm multiplug and see if the indicators go off, if they do you will need to replace the relay on the alarm pcb or free its burnt contacts, difficult to do and difficult to obtain a suitable replacement relay.
Obtaining a replacement alarm ECU from a scrapper would probably be a better solution.
Dave
Ade01

Post by Ade01 »

OK......
Where's the alarm ECU and the multiplug located?
(Told you I was uneducated!)
solara

Post by solara »

On my 93 306 XTDT, there are two units under the drivers seat. Neeed to remove drivers seat and bit of carpet to get to it. The last time I had a look, I distinctly remember the second smaller unit contained relays which clicked when the alarm flashers operated. The larger unit is the alarm/immobiliser ECU.
Ade01

Post by Ade01 »

Cheers guys.
The problem seems to have sorted itself for now after a night with the battery disconnected!! (Has this re-set the alarm ECU?)