Terrible judder at speed ( 306 )

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Baconman
My Cars:

Terrible judder at speed ( 306 )

Post by Baconman »

Guys I'm a new boy here so I'll appreciate any help I can glean. I have what most of you prefer to call a "sad old gits" version of the 306, yep the Sedan. It's a 1.8 SR and just recently I've noticed that at speed, lets just say over the national limit, i get a distinct lack of pull and it feels like a judder through the car. It doesn't feel likes it coming from the wheels or through the steering and it doesn't appear to happen unless i'm in 5th gear. So I'm wondering whether I've got a problem with the gearbox, what do you think. Also the clutch was replaced last December just before I bought it but the pedal feels graunchy and doesn't release until nearly at the top, do you think a cable change is in order.
Thanks for any help you can give.
[?]
Mably

Post by Mably »

How many miles have you done on the new clutch?
Baconman
My Cars:

Post by Baconman »

It's done fewer than 6000 miles since replacement. To add to the judder issue I have had a mechanic look over the engine as there is quite an oil leak and he has found an " Oil vapor hose" around the back of the engine that's split. Do you think this could cause the juddering at speed?