R Reg 306 Central Locking Problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gashead

R Reg 306 Central Locking Problems

Post by Gashead »

My drivers side has recently developed a strange fault.
When activating the the central locking with the remote fob, all the doors work with he expection of the drivers side door. For example if the car is locked and I open the car remotely, the driver side door will remain locked. It will however open if the lock is turned manually.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
markhoods

Post by markhoods »

I had a similar fault with the central locking on my 306 (P). It was being caused by a power supply cable being broken. Took me ages to track down as the cable was broken in the loom between the drivers door and door frame. However, managed to get enough cable to put a splice in and no problems since.
Might be worth looking at
BagStar
My Cars:

Post by BagStar »

I have been told that the door switch can also cause problems with the central locking on a 306. It may be worth a look.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Or threaten to sell it. My 306 kept on unlocking itself when you tried locking it. I got angry. I sought advice. The cure? Saying I was going to sell it. It has been fine since then (for 6 months at least) honestly!
Of course, this suggests it may be heat related in which case I'm in for an annoying summer...
I did get the door casing off and found that the locks opened if I locked it (with the door open) and then slowly moved the door to the closed position suggesting that my problem is also in the wiring between door and main car body - a weak point I understand.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The wiring between the doors on the 306 is such a weak spot with wires breaking that your local Peugeot dealer will stock a repair section for it.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

Is there anything preventative you can do? Everything works fine on mine, but I can see the plastic loom is cracked and I can see the wires on the drivers door! Suppose I should do something about it![:I]