Peugeot and BlueDriver scan tool

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RockyGoose
My Cars: 206SW 1.4HDI 2006

Peugeot and BlueDriver scan tool

Post by RockyGoose »

Hey,
I kinda have 2 questions in one so i dont spam the forum.
First one will BlueDriver scan tool work on my 2006 206sw 1.4hdi?Like i know it wont read those ABS,SRS codes and stuff but will it read check engine codes,sensors,etc.?
Second one when going uphill in second gear there is like blackish smoke coming out of the exhaust the car has 289100kms on the clock with the original engine changing oil,filters every 10000kms so i need your opinions,the car pulls just fine just like the day 1 i got it (with 2kms on the clock)but that blackish smoke worries me a bit.
I hope any of you responds (: since im new member here it will motivate me to be more active.
Thanks!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot and BlueDriver scan tool

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. While I cannot help you directly, if you were to post up the VIN (which will be obscured so only a Moderator can read it) it would be possible for a Moderator to look up your vehicle on the Peugeot system, and let you know exactly what she had when she rolled out of the factory. This will also help when diagnosing any error codes.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

RockyGoose wrote: 29 May 2019, 17:45 Hey,
First one will BlueDriver scan tool work on my 2006 206sw 1.4hdi?Like i know it wont read those ABS,SRS codes and stuff but will it read check engine codes,sensors,etc.?
Second one when going uphill in second gear there is like blackish smoke coming out of the exhaust the car has 289100kms on the clock with the original engine changing oil,filters every 10000kms so i need your opinions,the car pulls just fine just like the day 1 i got it (with 2kms on the clock)but that blackish smoke worries me a bit.
I hope any of you responds (: since im new member here it will motivate me to be more active.
Thanks!
We can’t really comment on whether third party products work or not - to be honest that’s something you need to take up with the supplier / seller.

What we might be able to help with is any codes you have from using a scanner. But be aware that PSA use a Lexia VCI (the hardware), a laptop and Diagbox software to diagnose all their vehicles. Generic scanners are variable in quality and ability to interface with some cars, so it’s pot luck.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RockyGoose

Post by RockyGoose »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 29 May 2019, 18:07 Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. While I cannot help you directly, if you were to post up the VIN (which will be obscured so only a Moderator can read it) it would be possible for a Moderator to look up your vehicle on the Peugeot system, and let you know exactly what she had when she rolled out of the factory. This will also help when diagnosing any error codes.

First thanks!
I have airbag light on there are no plugs under the seats(i know that bluedriver wont read srs codes,but still its nice handy gadget i guess).The VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 May 2019, 18:13
RockyGoose wrote: 29 May 2019, 17:45 Hey,
Thanks!
We can’t really comment on whether third party products work or not - to be honest that’s something you need to take up with the supplier / seller.
Its my fault,had to ask if any of you had experiences with it.
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

I had a look online for blue driver it seems very expensive for an engine only scan tool. You can get lexia for that sort of money probably less than that and you'll have dealer level tool on your laptop. Search this site for members that have lexia many of them will scan your car for free or tea and biscuits etc.
Oh buggle
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Not sure about the tool but they have some nice DIY videos on their website. :wink:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

doctle wrote: 29 May 2019, 18:53Search this site for members that have lexia many of them will scan your car for free or tea and biscuits etc.
Near to Skopje?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
RockyGoose

Post by RockyGoose »

I know that the lexia is way better than this little cr*p but having something like that in your glovebox is nice also live data is cool, contacted bluedriver they say everything should work expect enhanced diagnostics (abs,srs).
RockyGoose wrote: 29 May 2019, 17:45

What are your thoughts on my second question?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so black smoke usually only means one thing - the engine is running too rich. This can be caused when there is a blockage in the air filter or with the air supply, which causes the engine management to compensate by adding more fuel, which will cause other issues apart from poorer fuel economy.

So check so see if you are getting any other fault codes, check the air filter / etc. You don't have a particulate filter on this vehicle, so we can rule that out.

Marc
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

There are a plethora of those little Bluetooth devices including a French car one look on eBay for PSA Bluetooth they are about thirty quid. With the change you can spend lavishly
Oh buggle
RockyGoose

Post by RockyGoose »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 May 2019, 11:40 Ok, so black smoke usually only means one thing - the engine is running too rich. This can be caused when there is a blockage in the air filter or with the air supply, which causes the engine management to compensate by adding more fuel, which will cause other issues apart from poorer fuel economy.

So check so see f you are getting any other fault codes, check the air filter / etc. You don't have a particulate filter on this vehicle, so we can rule that out.

Did oil change,filter and air filter like 400km ago.Also injector seals are good since i dont smell diesel or get that "choo-choo" sound when hood is open.Betting that its some sort of sensor its 13y old car anyways..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The best thing is to get it scanned again and see if there is anything coming up - live data would be helpful - hence a Lexia or something that can do this - so you can check the EGR operation for example...

Marc
RockyGoose

Post by RockyGoose »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 May 2019, 12:58 The best thing is to get it scanned again and see if there is anything coming up - live data would be helpful - hence a Lexia or something that can do this - so you can check the EGR operation for example...

Wish i was in the UK,my mechanic who had PP2000 left this country so yeah i dont know now anyone who has pp2000,also while he was here we checked the airbag fault code but it did not show any codes?Saw somewhere that if the car has bad grounding can trigger that airbag fault?or its pure bs?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If the airbag light is permanently on, then there should be a fault code stored. A common issue (certainly on Right Hand Drive models) is the wiring under the passenger side (Left hand side) carpet can become worn or the connection can become problematic. I'm not sure how they route the wiring in a left hand drive though. Whatever you do, don't go connecting up a powered source like a multimeter to the airbag wiring as it might trigger one or all the airbags where you are and could have fatal consequences. :(

Marc
RockyGoose

Post by RockyGoose »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 May 2019, 15:46 If the airbag light is permanently on, then there should be a fault code stored. A common issue (certainly on Right Hand Drive models) is the wiring under the passenger side (Left hand side) carpet can become worn or the connection can become problematic. I'm not sure how they route the wiring in a left hand drive though. Whatever you do, don't go connecting up a powered source like a multimeter to the airbag wiring as it might trigger one or all the airbags where you are and could have fatal consequences. :(

Yeah i must disconnect the battery before doing anything,well here even if the light is on i can still pass MOT,just the light annoys me really.This went offtopic sorry about that.