Partner 1.6hdi injector plastic spacer thing

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JACKsPuggyPugPugTing
My Cars: Peugeot Partner 1.6HDI, Peugeot 206, Renault Xtra van.

Partner 1.6hdi injector plastic spacer thing

Post by JACKsPuggyPugPugTing »

When inserting the injector are you ment to slide the plastic spacer onto the injector first or push it into the head first?

My injector was chuffing around 3000 miles ago so I changed the copper seal & plastic spacer. I slid the plastic spacer onto the injector before inserting it but after i built everything back up I noticed the plastic spacer was not flush with the top of the head it was sticking out by about 4mm. Now it's chuffing again, I've took the injector out and the plastic spacer had split.
20190506_150943.jpg
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Re: Partner 1.6hdi injector plastic spacer thing

Post by Oldpug »

Sounds like the new copper seal is not sealing correctly. I think you will find there are repair sizes available. Also where the seal fits in the head has to be flat and spotless.
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

When I changed my injector seals I pushed those little collars into the head
Oh buggle
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The thicker Repair sizes are meant for use after skimming the cylinder head or machining the injector seat.
The key to changing the injector washers on theses engines is the injector seat must be spotless, this is very difficult to do without a special tool. Trying to do it with a long screwdriver etc is a waste of time. If it is not spotless when the new seal is fitted it normally starts leaking again within a few weeks.
Just had a quick look on eBay & it seems you can get injector seat cutter kits for as little as £15 now, would need to check sizes to see if they are any good.

I normally put the plastic sleeve in the head first.
JACKsPuggyPugPugTing
My Cars: Peugeot Partner 1.6HDI, Peugeot 206, Renault Xtra van.

Post by JACKsPuggyPugPugTing »

Ok thanks guys so the plastic should be flush then. I didn't know if it makes any difference.

I machined a bar down last time and stuck a piece of emery to the bottom to clean the seat.
Where i went wrong i think was I didn't tighten it down enough as the copper washer didn't look to be displaced as much as the one I took out last time I did it although I used the correct torque setting.