306 GTI 6 Wont Start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

306GTI
My Cars: Peugeot 306 GTI-6

Re: 306 GTI 6 Wont Start

Post by 306GTI »

If anyone knows of an unlocked Mareli 1AP.10 for sale please let me know about it.

Thank you.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I just checked and I may have misled you a little. It appears that the 306 has a CPH, not a BSI (which was the later, more comprehensive implementation), although it has many of the same functions. The CPH is the main ECU that controls most of the car's electrical system, including the lights, dashboard etc and the immobiliser. For the immobiliser, it interrogates the coded chip in the key, and if it is happy it sends the unlock code to the engine ECU, so if the CPH is not operating correctly (for whatever reason) it will not unlock the engine immobiliser. The CPH (I think) also acts as a multiplexer for the diagnostics bus, so is pre-requisite to have diagnostic communications with the engine ECU. The CPH can be interrogated and configured using the Lexia tool (and perhaps some other high-end diagnostic tools). A CPH diagnostic should tell you if the key transponder is being recognised.
306GTI

Post by 306GTI »

xantia_v6 wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 10:59 I just checked and I may have misled you a little. It appears that the 306 has a CPH, not a BSI (which was the later, more comprehensive implementation), although it has many of the same functions. The CPH is the main ECU that controls most of the car's electrical system, including the lights, dashboard etc and the immobiliser. For the immobiliser, it interrogates the coded chip in the key, and if it is happy it sends the unlock code to the engine ECU, so if the CPH is not operating correctly (for whatever reason) it will not unlock the engine immobiliser. The CPH (I think) also acts as a multiplexer for the diagnostics bus, so is pre-requisite to have diagnostic communications with the engine ECU. The CPH can be interrogated and configured using the Lexia tool (and perhaps some other high-end diagnostic tools). A CPH diagnostic should tell you if the key transponder is being recognised.

Thank you for letting me know. I was not aware of the terms 'CPH' or 'BSI' beforehand.

Pretty confident at this stage that what I have is a 'locked ECU'. I have looked far and wide foran unlocked ECU. The one's that have surfaced would end up costing me over 200 pounds (sorry my keyboard does not have the symbol for the UK's currency) by the time it arrives in New Zealand. That is well beyond my budget.
306GTI

Post by 306GTI »

From here I will be ordering the necessary hardware and IC's and attempting to fix this myself. Luckily my neighbour is an electrical engineer. Though, I tend to treat him as my personal consultant...

Thank you for all of your help this far and please, if you know of anyone with an unlocked ECU please put me in touch.
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

Is there no place in NZ that would check/Unlock your ECU? This crowd http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/catalogue/parts/157/ have a good reputation and they also answer questions even stupid questions from people like me.
Oh buggle
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the ECU was immobiliser locked this would not stop diagnostics talking to the ECU or the CPH.
Doing a diagnostic with PP2000 will tell you in black an white if the ECU is locked or not & if the Key is recognised.
Before you condemn the ECU you need a wiring diagram to check that the ECU has all its power supplies & earths and that the communication wires between the ECU & CPH are good.