407 SW Sport 2.2 HDI Power Issue?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vortexco
My Cars: Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI 2007 (07)
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI 2008 (57)

407 SW Sport 2.2 HDI Power Issue?

Post by vortexco »

Ok, just recently purchased this car, very comfortable to drive, so much adjustment on the seat.

I got the 2.2 HDI twin turbo engine 168bhp apparently. Turbo kicks in quite early.

The only thing ive noticed is the power. I had before a 2005 Ford mondeo TDCI 130, which has 129bhp. So i would like to imagine there should be a big difference in power. Also when you look at the stock fuel comsumption rates, the mondeo is pretty simular to this Peugeot. But im only getting 40mpg or over if im going downhill at any speed.

Now, if i put my foot down i feel the turbo kick in at aboutg 1500rpm. I guess this is the smaller one. Should there be another booast in power when the bigger one kicks in? there is'nt.

So to sum up.

This Peugoet seems to have the same power as my old mondeo.
Also its using more fuel, than my mondeo did even though statistics show they should be sumular.

I have got the Diagbox software with the interface, and the only two errors that show are the, power steering (still works) and the glow plugs (still starts perfectly). Theres no smoke at all, always starts straight away, and runs smoothly, with no missing.

So what could i look for?

Thank you
Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI
vortexco
My Cars: Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI 2007 (07)
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI 2008 (57)

Re: 407 SW Sport 2.2 HDI Power Issue?

Post by vortexco »

OK I have an update.

I'm probably guessing this engine is a rare one as There's not much about it on the internet.

I bought some MAF cleaner , I've just used it and no difference.

Also I've just tried unplugging the sensor, and despite all the warnings on the two displays, there was no difference in power. Perhaps there was a slight increase, its hard to tell.

Could this mean my MAF needs replacing?

Thank you
Peugeot 407 Sport SW 2.2 HDI
Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI