Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi loss of power

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sabretoothy
My Cars: Peugoet 207 1.6hdi 56 plate 90bhp

Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi loss of power

Post by Sabretoothy »

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas what could cause my peugeot 207 1.6hdi to have lost its power. I can drive it fine its just that if i put my foot down nothing happens it just carries on with its extremely slow acceleration (which is even worse up hill). It used to be pretty nippy. I have had the EGR anti pollution fault limp mode in the past but I took that off and cleaned it about a couple of years ago and its been fine ever since until now. When I had the anti pollution fault it went wouldn't rev above 3000 rpm but I can get above that now in neutral although if I hold it at 3000 rpm then it pulses. Not sure if that's related though.

I did have a look at issues to do with Turbo Control Valve

but this doesn't seem to be a part on a peugoet 207 1.6hdi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tristan
Last edited by myglaren on 01 Nov 2018, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube link
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi loss of power

Post by GiveMeABreak »

something obviously isn’t right with the engine or emissions system. If there are faults the engine ECU will enable a backup mode which limits the power to prevent damage.

You will really need to get the fault codes read with Peugeot Planet 2000 or Diagbox and that will give us a better understanding of the issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sabretoothy
My Cars: Peugoet 207 1.6hdi 56 plate 90bhp

Post by Sabretoothy »

Thanks Marc. I didn't mention before but there is no engine warning light. It has just been through an MOT while the problem was happening and they said there were no error codes but I guess they may not have used Peugeot Planet 2000 if that's necessary. The emissions were fine as well. Ill see if I can find someone near Cheltenham with peugeot planet or diagbox
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not all fault codes will bring up the EML light on the dash, and not all generic code readers can report on dealer level codes. The Anti Pollution light can come on randomly to indicate that the car is currently not within its emissions tolerance - and this can be the result of stop start traffic for prolonged periods and will usually clear when it gets back within tolerances.

It can usually be ignored if it extinguishes itself and a brisk spin at sustained speeds for 10-15 minutes can help with getting the temperature up so it can regenerate (if DPF fitted) properly.

If it remains lit or is giving power problems then it really does need to be hooked up and a Global Test run to see what it's not happy about.

Sometimes the turbo hoses can get a minuscule split than can cause lack of power - but really anyone's guess without a diagnostic as so many symptoms can be indicative of different components.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc