Peugeot 306 Wipers

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

richt353
My Cars:

Peugeot 306 Wipers

Post by richt353 »

Am trying to work out if I need a new wi[per motor, or not, for my 306DT. Here's the symptoms:
Yesterday they slowly stopped working - eg. on slow and intermittent sweep they dragged themselves very slowly across the screen like the battery was dying (the engine was on though and it is a relatively new battery). They work ok on full speed though and continue to.
Have just been getting quotes of around £100 so would be grateful if any of you got any advice. I'll probably look for a secondhand one rather than new but just wonder if it isn't the motor as it does work at double speed. Almost seems like it wants stripping down and re-greasing or something.
If you got any advice I'd be very grateful
Thanks
richt353
My Cars:

Post by richt353 »

Three weeks later and I still got the problem but here's what have found out should anyone else be having same difficulties.
Havin found a wiper motor from local breakers, I have been advised it's probably the relay thats gone - seeing as the wipers still work full speed. OK so I bought a Haynes Maual to identify the correct relay but no help. Those of you that dont know - its hidden away behid the main fuse panel under the steering wheel - not obvious at all. Well the guy at the breakers tried two old relays and neither worked so I got a stalk switch to try and the wiper motor previously bought - one way pr another that should sort it.
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

Could the bearing sleeve where the arm is attached at lower speeds there is not the same torque and may not be able to overcome the resistance. Lub with wD40 at first to get penetration then use a oil every day for a few days to gey the oil down the sleeve. Regards Peter