Peugeot 405 Help! Lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

technics97
My Cars:

Peugeot 405 Help! Lights

Post by technics97 »

Anyone got any ideas ?
I came home from work today and my wife pointed out that when I parked and braked, my indicator lights came on together instead of the brake lights ?
Any quick fix to this and if so where ?
Cheers
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Earthing points, perhaps ?
Any idea why my brake pedal pulses when the windscreen wipers trigger on intermittent ? I think something to do with the ABS electricals ( faulty ).
Wierd things aren't they !
paul_evans_99
My Cars:

Post by paul_evans_99 »

check that the brake light bulb is correct ie double filament etc. I have fixed a seat toledo in which front ns indicator came on whilst braking. it turned out that a brake light bulb had blown and was replaced with a singe filament bulb instead of the original double filament bulb as a temporary fix. Dont understand how or why this should happen but simply by replacing the bulb with the correct one solved the problem
Malcolm
My Cars:

Post by Malcolm »

Another possibility is bad earth. The current gets to bulb, can't find a path to earth so goes via other bulbs. This used to be common on light units that earthed onto bodywork. The light units have a single wire that will attach to body somewhere. This may not be connecting so good. The bulb bayonet may need oxide cleaning off. This could have similar results.