Peugeot 206 Lambda sensor issue

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigyinuk
My Cars: Peugeot 206

Peugeot 206 Lambda sensor issue

Post by bigyinuk »

Hi all

My daughter's 206 has just started coming up with P-0134 "Upstream Oxygen Sensor Intermittent" and management light on.

I read and cleared the fault with Planet yesterday but the engine light came on about 20 mins after she drove off.

New Lambda sensor fitted took for a drive and after the same sort of distance 10-12 miles, the MIL on again 

So I reset the error and sat with the engine idling whilst connected to Planet and watched the paramaters data info on emission control.

When the engine is not running the 2 oxygen sensors read pretty much the same (as you'd expect). When running though, the upstream sensor is showing about twice the mV reading of the downstream sensor but it fluctuates a lot (the upstream reading).

Still comes up with P0134 Intermittent fault upstream oxygen sensor and P0134 Permanent fault upstream oxygen sensor after running for a few minutes.

No MIL light though

Very strange.

As I've replaced the O2 sensor I'm assuming it isn't that that is at fault?

Anything else that can cause this / Anywhere else I cam look, wiring etc?

Regards all
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeot 206 Lambda sensor issue

Post by CitroJim »

I have had this on my 207 in the past - when it was my daughter's car funnily enough...

Using Planet, try a reinitialisation of the engine ECU and a retrain of same... I cannot recall the exact procedure now but in the Planet menu it'll be clear enough...

With my 207 - it has a long history of this issue - I always go through this procedure just before the MOT test ;)

Also, if your 207 is late enough to have a BSI then try a full BSI reset too...

I'm assuming the 206 in question is a 1.4 petrol with the Magnetti Marelli Injection...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bigyinuk
My Cars: Peugeot 206

Post by bigyinuk »

Hi.

Its a 1.4L petrol with actually a Sagem 2000 ECU.

I have done a retrain. She drove it today and no MIL but it was intermittent anyway so it may I suppose reappear.

Bloody annoying fault.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

bigyinuk wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 16:27 Bloody annoying fault.

:twisted: I understand that entirely through hard experience...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...