LIve data advice please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

Re: LIve data advice please

Post by johntom »

HI
The air box goes straight onto the throttle body, the only other possible source of leakage is the breather pipe (plastic with push on connectors) from the air box to the rocker cover and the vacuum valve ?
How could I test these ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

johntom wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 12:18 How could I test these ?

Spray them with a harmless fluid and look for signs of sucking and bubbling...

A weak solution of washing up liquid will do but take care not to drench anything electrical...

Just as you would if you were looking for a domestic gas leak.

Sometimes you can hear air being drawn in...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
johntom

Post by johntom »

Thank you, will give it a go
johntom

Post by johntom »

Whilst spraying the breather pipes and inlet area to check for leaks I noticed one of the inlet manifold nuts was loose (at the top of the thread!). Curiosity got the better of me and I removed the manifold and throttle etc to check the gaskets etc, all looked good, all nuts tight, still the same hesitation/bogging down for the first minute of driving - but another possibility crossed off !
Is it possible to test the temperature sensor as I fitted a new one from Eurocarparts which made a difference but didn’t cure the problem, just wondering if a genuine one would give slightly different readings ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The sensor is best tested using diagnostics looking at live data as the engine warms from cold... Look for a smooth rise in temperature indicated and that the indicated temperatures are sane and reasonable...

If you found a loose nut it sounds as if someone else has been there for the same issue in the past...

I may have missed you saying but have your tried a reinitialisation and retrain of the engine ECU?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
Just to close this thread, I replaced the coolant sensor with a genuine part and then re initialise the ecu etc as advised - one of these seems to have solved the problem. Regrettably I did both things at once before trying the car so I don’t know which one actually cured it !
Thanks again for your advice.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased to hear this is now resolved...
Jim