Right hand Driver Door Electric problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Right hand Driver Door Electric problem

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hello. Have a new problem today that arose just as i was feeling good putting in some new alloys and tires.

When I open the driver door, the puddle light on the driver door does not light up- the driver window control panel lights flashes and the rest of the doors' puddle lights constantly flashes. The screen even blanks out after a while too- The system does detect when the Driver door is open and the doors locks and closes as it should- but the control for the driver window does not work- it cant be the window control panel because it works for all other windows but the driver window.

a scan with diagbox results in a No communicaton with Driver door electrics ECU. I assume a module needs changing but all im seeing is the driver side window motor ecu.

I replaced the bulb in the driver door puddle lights too and it still doesnt light up.

Need some advice on what part needs replacing.

thanks.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Right hand Driver Door Electric problem

Post by Peter.N. »

The only suggestion I can make is that you have a poor earth connection on the door system so you have voltage where it shouldn't be.

Peter
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

I see. you may be correct- because today the puddle light worked briefly before cutting off again- the driver side window doesnt work at all though. all other windows however, do work. How do I fix this problem? it worked fine last week, then all of a sudden.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

If there is a connector between the door and body, take it apart and check the condition of the contacts.

Peter
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Hello. Well today i just took a brief look and poke around the rubber casing from the body to the driver door. I didnt do anything much except prod around the fixtures to see how they come off- be it by prying it off or by screw. and then I notice the light on the driver door, the driver window and the main window controls all working again. it cut off and i played around with the circular plastic adapter on the body' end of the car and it came back on. So far it still works with several opening and closing of the door. I hope it stays like that for good- but just in case i think i should get it looked at.

do you think something was loose or is it an intermittent fault ?

kind regards

Russ
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Poor contact on the connector I would think.

Peter
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Looks like it. Im glad it's nothing serious but i am still wary of it failing- weekend i'll get a better chance to take off the casing and inspect the wires. If the contacts are easily accessible, maybe spray some electrical cleaner on them.