wiring help please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paullap
My Cars: Peugeot 206

Re: wiring help please

Post by paullap »

That is connected to the live on the battery, I have looked at pictures on the web, and it is a live connection. there is no earth on it that I can see, Only wires that go in to the looms.

Paul
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Need better wiring diagram - I wonder if beelim can post the whole diagram (s)? I'll have a look in my 307 manual and see if it is anything like it. It seems a bit odd that pin 13 is switched by the ECU, and acts on a relay that also feeds the ECU! What does the handbook say fuse 8 is for?
Richard W
beelim

Post by beelim »

It's bolted to the body of the car.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

beelim wrote:It's bolted to the body of the car.
It's not... :)

Anyway, I think there is enough info to move forwards a bit... If you earth Pin 13 then things start to work. So, this suggests that the BSM is OK, but the earth function from wire 13 is missing. Now, this appears to be switched by the ECU (assuming that that is what item 1320 is). So, either there is a wire fault between the BSM and the ECU, or the ECU and earth, or the ECU is goosed. So check for continuity between Pin 13 and pin F4 on the ECU, and then pins L2, L1 and M1 and earth on the ECU. If these fail, then fault found. If they check out, then looking like the ECU is goosed. Did this happen spontaneously, or was something done to initiate it?
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

I had a another thought... perhaps there is an ignition switched live direct to the ECU, which then prompts it to earth pin 13 and activate the relay. My 307 book indicates F8 is also to do with the cooling fans, but there is no diagram for the injection ECU unfortunately.
Richard W
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi , Thank you for the help, We got it as a non runner, I will do some of the wiring checks you suggest. not sure when, as I have a busy day today. It has to be something stupid, as When I earth out pin 13 it runs perfect. The L1 L2 M1 I take it should be the earths on the ecu?. It is so hard to see any markings on the plugs. I will have ago. A full wiring diagram would be good, all the ones I have seen are for Morreli Or Sagem ecu and mine is a Johnson controls one. just one other thing. With the screwdriver earthing pin 13 I managed to do a code check, Nothing on the main ecu but on the abs I got this.

ABS or ESP ECU Permanent fault, absence of communication with the engine management ecu. operating fault.

I am sure the abs is on the same circuit, but the faults are probably because of the engine management ecu is not being powered up.

Thanks again

Paul
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Yes, that's definitely the main 12v feed straight from the battery that powers the maxi fuses.
(EDIT) never saw the second page replies.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I have never understood why the Peugeot diagrams are inferior to the Citroen ones, they only show a small portion of what you need.
There should also be a 3rd part of the diagram that shows component locations. I would be looking for splice EM11 & earth point MC11 first.
1320 is the injection ECU & remember that those earth wires are on the 48 way black connector of the ECU. This is of course assuming this is the correct diagram for the car.
paullap

Post by paullap »

Hi Thanks again for the help, I will get on to this as soon as I can, I have a very ill grandson, 1 year old in hospital, I never got home until 3am and will be going back soon.

I just don't want you to think I cant be bothered to do what you suggest.

Paul
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Meant to add about the workaround using a manually switched earth, it may be tempting & seem like an easy fix but you should never bypass a fuel pump relay apart from for testing purposes. The fuel pump relay (in conjunction with the ECU) is in fact also a safety device that stops the fuel pump running if the engine stops turning.
If you are in an accident & a fuel pipe is severed the fuel pump relay cuts the power to the pump as soon as the engine stops. If you bypassed the fuel pump relay & had the same situation the fuel pump could continue to run & spray fuel everywhere until the tank emptied so not a good idea.
beelim

Post by beelim »

OOps , my mistake with the earth point.
Got some more diagrams here. It seems that the earth coming from pin 13 goes to an earth point near the front left light. It is also the earth point for the abs (unit 7020) which would explain the fault code.
Hope your grandson gets well soon.
Attachments
mc10.JPG
em10.JPG
em10 closeup.JPG
earth.JPG
bm34.JPG
7020.JPG
paullap

Post by paullap »

Thanks for tha,t and the earth points, That realy helps. Grandsion is still poorly but not in any danger thanks.

Paul
paullap

Post by paullap »

OK, pin 13 on the BM 34 is a thin Blue wire, and on the ecu end it is a thin F4 Purple, There is 2 plugs with f4 on but one has no wire in it so it has to be this one. According to the drawing they should be the same, I will test them later as I have left my t pins at home. I will do the earth test as well later.

Paul
paullap

Post by paullap »

Earth is good on L1 L2 M1, If the ecu was goosed, why does it run when I earth out pin 13?.

Paul
paullap

Post by paullap »

ECU I cant seem to find any power feed to the ECU,, What pins should have 12v ?. Rather that keep checking every wire ans what fuse feeds the ECU?

Paul