Cuts Out Suddenly, Restarts immediately

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: Cuts Out Suddenly, Restarts immediately

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

well, looks like we were all mistaken in the end, and for a change, its turned out nice n simple... [re-reading, 'simple', I can hardly believe it, such a thing exists with spannering?! :rofl2: .

The Anti-Stall has made the difference and a couple of hundred miles of stall free motoring, including a return visit to MoTest for a new 12.5 month MOT, has ensued.

I'm thinking that the 'free travel' in the throttle lever is part responsible for the confusion here, coz on part throttle, to a point, there's no effect on the actual revs (the cable is tight and the throttle lever moves 'from the word go', just does nothing), which worries me a little, so I'll be packing the spare pump for Paris later this year.

NB: any thoughts on at which point you're just wasting thread lock by applying too much?
See pic: about right? too much?
Attachments
How Much Thread Lock 3162.JPG
Puxa
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Not enough. Thread loc, like superglue, works by air being excluded, and if you don't apply enough of it, air remains in the inevitable clearance between the two threaded parts. With a reasonably generous coating of thread loc, all the thread surfaces are decently coated, and air is excluded.
Chris
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

thanks exec :) appreciated
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Delighted to hear the problem is now resolved... Do you have cause to believe the anti-stall screw may have worked loose of its own accord over the years then?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

CitroJim wrote:Do you have cause to believe the anti-stall screw may have worked loose of its own accord over the years then?
thanks Jim, no, but the Pump's been off & refitted fairly recently and I've also adjusted the timing since. I see the point you're implying though; why the cutting out, resolved by the anti-stall, but not immediately upon the last timing adjustment, Hmmm....
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just a bit of age-related war and settling in then... A change of timing could potentially make a change to the stall-point...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...