Static Timing Took Kit. ZX OWM Free

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Static Timing Took Kit. ZX OWM Free

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Has anyone bought something similar to this and used it successfully on the Lucas Cav Rotodiesel (Pug 405 XUD in this case)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Diesel-Fu ... Sw9GhYlC3m

I timed up my pump roughly about 2 or 3 months ago following issues well documented elsewhere on this forum. Starting is on the button as usual, performance is better than ever, but idle is a touch rough and the throttle lever does nowt in the first half of its travel

...so I'm tempted to lay out a couple of quid on something that'll allow me to do it accurately in accordance with the method printed in the BoL (anyone know whether that method works as Haynes claims?)* before I start messing with the idle screw.
Method is 4.4 in my Haynes "405 Diesel 3198" or Page 86 in my Haynes "Peugeot Talbot Diesel Engine 950"

talking of which, if anyone can make use of it, I've also got a Haynes Cit ZX Diesel manual 1922, free, just for postage cost. Its cosmetically in nice nick, but has some writing in places relating to the vehicle I got it with
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Static Timing Took Kit. ZX OWM Free

Post by CitroJim »

I did this once but made up my own tools on the lathe to work with a DTI on a magnetic base. It worked well..

I no longer have what I did as the parts I made got recycled into something else... Special tools for Activa roll corrector linkages....

I will say that if you have access to a lathe it's not hard to make up what you need.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: Static Timing Took Kit. ZX OWM Free

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

thanks Jim, but sadly not the case
Puxa