Best place to sell my 192k 306 1.9 xld

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Best place to sell my 192k 306 1.9 xld

Post by Brian Oblivion »

Hi,
What would be the best way of selling my 306 1.9 xld with 192k on the clock? I have been the owner (second) for the past 6 1/2 years putting on 164k. Engine seems fine, on same clutch, new timing belt, brake discs, pads, drum linings, cylinders, and front tyres last May.
Bodywork is getting a bit tired with a few supermarket dings/scrapes. Also lock missing on passenger side door.
Parkers reckons on about £540 poor con. private. I was thinking £300 ish with 3 months tax and possibly 12 months mot (3 months if it fails). Am I being optimistic or pessimistic?
Thanks
Brian
nickm
My Cars:

Post by nickm »

hi brian
i'd be happy to pay £300 for your car--sounds like cheap transport to me, you can email me on nic-mags@stayfree.co.uk
thank you
nick
mgoodlad

Post by mgoodlad »

If that sale falls through I would go for ebay - put it on something like £50 start and no reserve and someone will buy it - there are costs for listing and selling but only about £20. Only problem is people who win and don't pay - I would recommend you insist on people emailing you with their name address and phone number before bidding or you will remove the bid. I have sold a few "bangers" on there and you generally get on okay - had one nonpayer but you can get your fees back if that happens. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised at what the final bid is if there are two people who decide they want it and bid each other up. I have found this method to be cheaper then selling in the local press, and generally people don't view the car before buying so avoids the problem of making appointments to meet people to view it and they never turn up. Be honest in your description though.
Regards
Michael