Peugeot 504 Estate Remote Central Locking - Help!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cv17rd1985
My Cars: 1990 Peugeot 205 GT
1995 Peugeot 405 GLX Estate

Peugeot 504 Estate Remote Central Locking - Help!

Post by cv17rd1985 »

Hi,

Having some problems with my 504 remote central locking and was hoping someone could help.

When I got the car (a few days ago) it wasn't working at all...

I could unlock the front door using the key in the lock and lock all doors using the key (via the non remote central locking) but that was it.

Initially this caused a bit of a problem as it meant the petrol flap was locked shut and I had no way of opening it.

I fiddled with the locks until it just unlocked for no apparent reason so I just left it like that so I could open the petrol filler cap

Got some new batteries for the key fob yesterday and it seemed to start working fine and locked and unlocked as it should via the remote key fob.

Went to unlock it today and it won't unlock via the remote, however it will lock via the remote.

I can sit in the car and press the key fob and it will lock and the LED on the dash starts flashing, I can then push the key fob and there will be a series of clicks and the light will go out but the doors won't open.

I also have a button on the side of the steering column with a wireless symbol on it, when I push that and make the clicky noise it seems to act slightly differently but still the doors won't open.

I can then push the button and the doors will lock but I am back to not being able to unlock it.

I think I may not be pairing the key correctly, although this doesn't explain why ti was working yesterday but I can't see why it would be able to lock and not unlock for any other reason.

I have a key code system to start the car which is working fine and the remote key is the single button type.

Sorry I know this is probably quite confusing.

Would really appreciate any advice!

Adam
cv17rd1985

Re: Peugeot 504 Estate Remote Central Locking - Help!

Post by cv17rd1985 »

Any suggestions?

Bit of a pain as I can't get the petrol cap to unlock...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

There was a very similar problem on a car in the Citroen section recently. I suggest you read through that and see if any of the suggestions there are any help.

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... =3&t=57001
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

cv17rd1985 wrote:Hi,
I also have a button on the side of the steering column with a wireless symbol on it, when I push that and make the clicky noise it seems to act slightly differently but still the doors won't open.
What is that button supposed to do? My 'L reg' 405 didn't have one, but this 'N' plate one does: I've never used it in the six years I've owned it, so its clearly not very important, but seeing as you mention it....

(my push button key is pretty manky & doesn't work: I use it very infrequently as a spare)
Puxa
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
'96 ZX 1.9TD SX, 81k new resurrection project saved from the scrapper

Post by ekjdm14 »

Not 100% sure, but that sounds like a button for disabling the interior alarm sensors (for example, if you were to lock the car with a dog or kids still on board and didn't want the alarm triggering by their movement).

The fact that it seems to cause the locks to "try" and operate though, would suggest otherwise? Piqued my interest now as to what it is...
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k
cv17rd1985

Post by cv17rd1985 »

Thanks for the response.

I think I could simplify it now by just saying that it locks fine with the remote and the alarm light on the dash starts flashing however it then won't unlock but the light does go out and I get a repeated clicking sound.

It briefly worked fine when I changed the batteries in the fob and then wouldn't unlock once it had been left overnight.

Anyone have any suggestions about opening the petrol cap?

Tried taking the boot trim off and I can't see anywhere to release it manually...
cv17rd1985

Post by cv17rd1985 »

Not sure I was right to say that the button on the steering column tries to make the locks operate as it doesn't seem to make any difference now.

Read through the Citroen issue and I'm not sure it's relevant as mine will lock fine all the time, it never fails to lock.

Also should it not unlock all doors using the key in the drivers door?

Adam
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I suggested the Citroen thread as I thought that you might be suffering from a faulty microswitch in the fob. Assuming that your type of fob has microswitches of course!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​