Pug 3008 TPM ECU Problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Pug 3008 TPM ECU Problem

Post by CitroJim »

A work colleague of mine has a Pug 3008 with a duff Tyre Pressure Monitoring System...

I popped my PP2000 on to it and the BSI has a logged fault implying it is unable to communicate with the TPM ECU.

Attempts to clear this fault fails.

Attempting to directly communicate with the TPM ECU also fails with a lack of communication.

Any pointers as to what the nature of this problem is and how it may be resolved would be appreciated...

Also, can the TPM system be de-activated pro-tem if necessary?

Thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jimmyjaffa
My Cars: 91 Peugeot 305 van
87 Peugeot 305 estate

Re: Pug 3008 TPM ECU Problem

Post by Jimmyjaffa »

I've read on some other forums that the tps system can be turned off by the dealer, but if there's a communication problem to the tps ecm I wouldn't think they are going to be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Think you will need to check with Diagbox before condemning the ECU or something. Sometimes they get upset if they're in eco mode - you could try with the engine running. My 307 reports a coms fault with the additive ECU - although it works fine! When I had the underbonnet fuse box out after it went for an impromptu shower it smelt a bit electrically burnt leading me to think that the fault lies there. One day I'll swap it out and see! Have a look at the fuse box and see if there are any tell tale signs or smells.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Richard, checked with the engine running second time and still the same... All was definitely well awake and not in eco mode...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

How up to date is your PP2000 Jim? You may find that the failure to communicate is because it's too old. You'd need Diagbox I'm fairly sure.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote:How up to date is your PP2000 Jim? You may find that the failure to communicate is because it's too old. You'd need Diagbox I'm fairly sure.
It's quite old now Paul but it reads everything else on the car it seems...

I really must think about upgrading it...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Interestingly, this issue now appears fixed following a BSI reset carried out by the owner using the accepted procedure :D
Jim