Peugeot 206 1.9 lx jumpy at 2000rpm

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Peugeot 206 1.9 lx jumpy at 2000rpm

Post by spider »

chinkostu wrote:Unplugging the egr vac hose fixed mine funnily enough, still passed MOT!
Oh it will do it won't really effect the tested values, nitrogen oxide I think might increase a bit but the EGR valve will be (should!) be closed at idle anyway...

Its debatable if the tester 'see's "disabled emissions equipment" if they can fail it or not though, I think they were planning to tighten this up, they may of done already I'm not sure. An example of this is say removing the cat on a diesel car (a model without DPF!) , it will still "pass" but the tester knows "originally this had a cat fitted"
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As far as I know, a diesel of that age is still only subject to the 'Snap Idle' test (i.e. Smoke Test). No check is made on the levels of NOx emissions which may rise in case of disabled EGR.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Dulson420 wrote:ok will have a check / fiddle in a few minutes and get backk to you
Great. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG