key fob re-sync 206 mystery

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ihatecars
My Cars:

key fob re-sync 206 mystery

Post by ihatecars »

Hello all, I'm now wizzing about in a '06 206 verve 1.4 8v jobbie, I bought from a dealer. I'm still going through all the minor faults and got stumped with the remote central locking thing. The dealer might have replaced the key fob circuit board, I was told the central locking doesn't work on the fob but does with the key. I am ok with that. I've now tried many different magic sequences and still no further. The little fob battery seems ok at 3V (I've measured it).

I wonder if the circuit board is the right one (T1Bis 335.5). Anyway, the fob looks like the one in the owner's manual, two buttons, no led. The dealer alterted me to the little sensor chip in the key which is present and I have the central locking button in the front shelf sharing half the space with the emergency warning flash buttons, betwixt is the red led which seems to signal whne the locking is on/off/alarmed.

I've tried a number of things now, maybe I need to hold some other button down for 10sec and wear sunglasses too!!

Any hints? Thanks in advance.
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Re: key fob re-sync 206 mystery

Post by Oldpug »

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

From memory your key should not have a red LED in it, but I could be wrong.

There are a couple of types. You should at an 06 plate typically have a squarer key not the rounded one.

If that circuit board was never used with that car, then it will need Diagbox / Planet to code it in. I had this issue with my (late) 106 as that had the later Radio keys (like the last 306's did) and you need Diag to code them if the car has never 'seen' that remote before.

Bear in mind (you probably know) as far as the car is concerned the "key" is three things:

1. The metal blade, the actual physical part you fit into the lock
2. The transponder chip for the immobiliser
3. The remote control transmitter.

People sometimes confuse / mixup (2) and (3) but they are separate entities as such. Obviously its only (3) that's a concern here.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ihatecars
My Cars:

Post by ihatecars »

Thanks for the info. Indeed the Dealer told me about the transponder, that is fitted all working just fine.

I did try that 2-button (with deadlocks) procedure too as described on that website but there is a moment of confusion:
206 PLIP PROGRAMMING SYNCHRONISATION—BSI

1. Insert the Ignition Key.
2. Press the small Black button.
3. Switch the Ignition ON
4. Keep the lock button pressed for 10 seconds.
5. Release lock button , switch ignition OFF and remove key.
6. Close all doors and press the lock button 2 times.
...the small black button? there are two, the smaller of the two is unlock. I pressed the large black button, which is the lock button. Because the instruction refers to the lock button in step 4 I used that, anyway this didn't work either.

So reading spider's post again, I wonder if the type I have (which is very likely to be a replacement) is the wrong type?

I need to look into that Diagbox/Planet thing, I know on the Citroens we used a Lexia, I now have Maxiscan which is fun but that is read-only....
I've had a look at the DiagBox thing and that will program the transponder, in my situation that part is just fine so maybe I don't need that.

There is a procedure where we open the driver's window, disconnect the battey, switch on side lights etc. etc. I did try that, I wonder if I got something wrong. Maybe then, I assume to get the BSI to see the RF keyfob is just going to be a matter of finding the magic sequence.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Those instructions (small button vs large) relate to the earlier rounded key which has a large button and higher spec ones have a smaller button as well.

The square key does have two buttons, and one is a bit larger than the other.

The use of Diag I meant to say is only neeeded if that car has never seen that key (circuit board) before OR if the BSi has "forgotten" completely about that key. The re-sync does usually work but only *if* it already knows about the key (by this I mean it worked at one time with that car!) :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG