Expert HDI help needed..

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Studawes155
My Cars: Peogeot Expert HDI 04

Expert HDI help needed..

Post by Studawes155 »

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie on here hence have just bought my first French vehicle for some time.... and trouble straight away!
I'v got a Peogeot Expert HDI 04 plate.
When I'm taking my foot off the accelerator the van is cutting out. I have to take the key out of the ignition and put it back in and it fires up... hopefully before I grind to a halt! If I dip the clutch to come to a stop it keeps running...
It also runs for a few seconds when I turn off the van at the ignition.
I'v had a mechanic look at it and thought he solved the problem after swapping a few leads however a few miles later it's started again.
Also don't know if it's coincidence but when it's started happening i'v washed the van before both times.

Any help would really be appreciated as I really need to be using it and it's stressing me out!!! [-o<
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Expert HDI help needed..

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would suggest that, before you throw any money at it, you arrange for it to be connected up to a Planet Peugeot system. This will be able to get a lot more information than a generic code reader. There are members of the forum who have such readers, and may be able to help with a diagnostics session. Here is the link;

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=29178
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Studawes155
My Cars: Peogeot Expert HDI 04

Post by Studawes155 »

Thanks Hell razor,, I googled the problem and there seems to be loads of posts by people with exactly the same problems so it must be a comment fault but can't quite find the right answer to fix it.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

As I said, the only way to have a good chance of finding out what is going on is a proper diagnostics session. The Diagbox system (which should have Lexia and Planet Peugeot built in) can so a lot more than just read the error codes; it can display live data from the ECUs, with information of the various parameters of an engine while it is running.

It may be a common problem, but other than my advise re Lexia sessions I cannot help (as I am running a Citroen C5). I hope that you are able to find out what is going on, and how to resolve it. If you pop up the VIN number somebody with the relevant permissions could find out what the vehicle had when it left the factory. It may be that there was a recall, but your van has not gone in for a fix.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!