DPF HELP

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan camper
My Cars: Peugeot 807 auto 2.0 hdi
Renault Traffic 1.9 dci 100

DPF HELP

Post by alan camper »

Having a problem with my 807 06plate 2.0 hdi auto keeps saying De-pollution System Faulty iv plugged it in Peugeot Planet diagnostics but no code showing?. Now for my next question is it that the DPF is blocked and needs a re-gen to sort it, When you go in to the pp2000 to do a re-gen it asks for a code I read somewhere the code is on the edge of the drivers door is this right if not how do i get the code other than rip-off Peugeot dealer ship HELP would be gratefully received :cry:
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: DPF HELP

Post by Homer »

I'm pretty certain there is a different message for a blocked DPF.

Depollution system faulty is a bit of a catch all and can be anything on the fuel system, e.g. injector faults, EGR....

You really need that fault code or else you are just wildly stabbing in the dark.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You may well need to get the code from a dealership (about £15 - £20, but they may want proof of ownership). It is a security thing (so as to, for example, stop people coding in new keys just from the vehicle registration). When you have the code (and type it in when asked) you have given the vehicle proof you have the authority to do that thing. Be careful though, as if you get some things wrong (such as coding an ECU) you could brick that device.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: 307 2.0 hdi 110
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

The code you need will be the DAM number - if you search Peugeot DAM number on google images, you should e able to work it out.

De-pollution doesn't specifically mean DPF. If the filter was blocked, there'd be a fault code on PP.

Whereabouts are you based - if you're anywhere near me I'll happily help out.

If you feel the DPF does need a regen, then I wouldn't recommend doing a forced regen via PP2K. The chances of cooking the engine increases when using this method - everything on the car needs to be in tip-top condition to avoid any issues.

You're best off galloping down the motorway in 4th gear at 70mph for a good half hour or more. This should bring the exhaust temp up enough to clear the DPF. Or, if you feel like getting your hands mucky, take it off and clean it manually.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Ive done plenty of DPF regens with Lexia but never with PP, I cant imagine you would need a security code for this, you certainly don't with Lexia. Must be some sort of build code/RP number.
Yes forced regens are not ideal & you need to make sure the engine is good, timing belt not due etc, you also need to be carefull where you do it too, you can get hot embers coming out the exhaust & it can also melt tarmac. Unfortunately though if the DPF is to far blocked a dynamic regen wont work to forced is the only option.
alan camper

Post by alan camper »

jimmymarsbar wrote:The code you need will be the DAM number - if you search Peugeot DAM number on google images, you should e able to work it out.

De-pollution doesn't specifically mean DPF. If the filter was blocked, there'd be a fault code on PP.

If you feel the DPF does need a regen, then I wouldn't recommend doing a forced regen via PP2K. The chances of cooking the engine increases when using this method - everything on the car needs to be in tip-top condition to avoid any issues.

You're best off galloping down the motorway in 4th gear at 70mph for a good half hour or more. This should bring the exhaust temp up enough to clear the DPF. Or, if you feel like getting your hands mucky, take it off and clean it manually.
Had the DPF off and cleaned it well and no codes showing when plugged in to the lappy ?
alan camper

Post by alan camper »

jimmymarsbar wrote:The code you need will be the DAM number - if you search Peugeot DAM number on google images, you should e able to work it out.

Thanks for the advice jimmy ill do that
alan camper

Post by alan camper »

many thanks Jim 8-) looked on goggle and found where the number is, Not been well so only now seen your reply thanks for your help hope now i can get it sorted [-o<
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

No problem matey, hopefully everything will work out well
alan camper

Post by alan camper »

Ok every one thanks for all your help found the problem was the DPF Pressure censer now one fitted no more fault =D> =D> =D> :-D
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

Glad it's sorted ;)