407 multifunction screen update cd

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rma7
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 407 HDI sport

407 multifunction screen update cd

Post by Rma7 »

Gggrrrrhhhh.... Ongoing problem with 09 multifunction screen
Started off just switching itself of and on then screen went off and was off a while, took it to local garage for mot and they scanned resultshowed no faults but screen plainly not working, appears to have power, randomly spat out a music cd one day. Then suddenly started working one day while sat in carpark, key in ignition but not on. Before i got home it was off again, after bsi reset as per instructions, screen message asking for update cd. Been to peugeot, not very helpful, said i needed sat nav update disk £155. Im not convinced this is the issue, any ideas please #-o
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 407 multifunction screen update cd

Post by spider »

Did the garage have a proper Peugeot tool (Planet/Diagbox) or a generic one ?

A 'real' scanner may show a code but it half sounds like the unit is damaged and has an internal breakage somehow (panel connector inside to lcd display)

A (good) 'car audio' type place should be able to confirm this or otherwise though.

I can't see how an updated disc will help, that may update the software on it, but (to provide a bad analogy) this is a bit like trying to repair a faulty Windows installation by installing a new theme...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG