Mileage/Service Indicator

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: 307 2.0 hdi 110
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Mileage/Service Indicator

Post by jimmymarsbar »

The oil and service mileage indicator has stopped showing on start up on my 307 2.0 hdi 110, I just get the little spanner for about 5 seconds and the rest of the screen is blank. After about 10 seconds, the screen shows the total mileage and trip counter as normal. Haven't changed anything other than take of a wheel to replace the track rod end.....

Nothing showing up on PP either. Has anyone else seen this before?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Mileage/Service Indicator

Post by spider »

I've never seen one do that before. If the rest of the display was permanently empty then I'd suggest the segments were faulty.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

I've gone through the display function test on PP, and everything operates as it should, lighting and operating each display individually.

I've managed to get the service counter showing up again, but only by resetting the counter. The oil still isn't showing up. I'll have to take a video and share
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Post by ekjdm14 »

Strange one that, did you ever get to the bottom of it? I ask because we recently fitted a new cluster in our '02 206 (swapped because it was a genuine 1.4HDi cluster with proper silver dials, not seen an HDi one before apart from the nasty stick on ones).

The original cluster never had any problems at all and the replacement seems fine too except one incident where the trip mileage jumped from about 230miles to 992, a bit of a pain as we were using the trip to record miles since the swap. Afterwards it carried on counting up the miles as normal and It's not "glitched" again since but was a bit freaky so wondered if you'd fixed yours and what the issue was. cheers

(my thought on the oil level vanishing was possibly a failed level sender, but then can't see why it would have affected your service indicator too...)

EDIT-: just remembered, the STOP light doesn't work on the "new" set either could that indicate a fault within the cluster or just a bulb gone (I'd have thought it was LED as there's no access to bulb holders)
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k
jimmymarsbar
(Donor 2016)
Megane Estate 1.5dCi

Post by jimmymarsbar »

The light cluster all work OK, no problems there.

The oil indicator shows up if I turn the key to the second position without firing the engine up. If I turn the engine over, it doesn't show. But I now get the service mileage up on the screen.

I'm beginning to think that there is a gremlin with the ECU/BSI or with my version of PP2000 - there are a few glitches when it comes to reading the ECU and certain operations. I still need to look into it further.

The oil level indicator isn't that much of an issue in practise. I've kept my eye on the oil level on the dipstick, and it's not lost a drop since the last service, so I'm quite confident that the absence of the oil level on fire-up won't cause me any issues.