07 Peugeot Expert 2.0 hdi will not lock from the fob or key

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tmmv1
My Cars: Citroen Berlingo

07 Peugeot Expert 2.0 hdi will not lock from the fob or key

Post by tmmv1 »

Hi There
07 Peugeot Expert 2.0 hdi will not lock from the fob or key (it makes all the normal locking noises). I have a fitted a new battery into the fob and reprogrammed it but still it will not lock. I have noticed that sometimes only 1 of the 3 buttons on the fob will work? The actuators are all working fine. The rear of the van will lock via the lock button in the van but when i try and lock the drivers door with the key it unlocks the rear of the van. I also randomly get a message on the centre display saying rh door open? .
Would appreciate some help please as its driving me mad.
Many thanks Ritchie
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 07 Peugeot Expert 2.0 hdi will not lock from the fob or key

Post by spider »

Does it sound like its "bouncing" ?

By this I mean it makes a locking noise immediately followed by an unlocking noise.

This was actually quite common on 306's.

The fault is likely (if the display is correct) the rear door as it indicates. There's a microswitch inside the actuator itself if I remember correctly. This is just so it knows the difference between "properly shut" or "on the latch" ie not properly secure.

The usual fix is to replace that actuator / lock assembly (its usually one item)

If this was a 306 I'd be wanting to check the wiring looms as they break but I don't think the Expert suffers from this too much. My suggestion is to examine the rear actuator first. If you did not want to go to the expense of replacing it, unplug it temporarily then see if the remote and key work the front doors properly.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
tmmv1
My Cars: Citroen Berlingo

Post by tmmv1 »

Yeah sometimes it does lock then unlock straight away(within seconds)
I will have a look as you suggested and let you know what i come up with Spider :)
Cheers
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Yes its 'bouncing' then. The next action is to find out why.

It (might) bounce if that lock is unplugged but its a simple (without cost) test to see at least.

If it was me, if I was happy with the wiring I'd be tempted to replace that unit anyway.

I'm not sure how specific a Planet diag would give with this kind of fault though, but the fact its "complaining" about that door does point towards it.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG