207 Fuel Line Rupture: Diagrams and Part Numbers Needed....

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

207 Fuel Line Rupture: Diagrams and Part Numbers Needed....

Post by CitroJim »

As reported elseware, Robyn's 207 has a damaged fuel line in the vicinity of the fuel tank. It is leaking badly and the section of pipe, which appears to be the transverse one that comes down from the tank to a coupling seems to be the one..

Grateful if someone could look in Pug Servicebox for me and get a picture of the fuel lines for a 2007 207 with the ET3 1.4 engine...

I'll need to know the part numbers and how easily the culprit might be to replace... I'm hoping that the tank doesn't need dropping to do it...

Many thanks. Currently the car is off the road and with a very temporary bandage around the pipe to stop it dripping...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: 207 Fuel Line Rupture: Diagrams and Part Numbers Needed....

Post by RichardW »

Jim

I can look this evening - post / PM the last 8 digits of the VIN to make sure we get the right bit.

My only experience of a leaking pertrol line was on our 2 pot Visa where the line went underneath the clutch cable and engine movement had rubbed a hole in the metal pipe. By the time I realised what was going on it had a big furry lump around it! Only solution I could see was to saw the pipe off and replace / re-route in flexible. I went very very gingerly with the saw whilst the petrol was dripping out on me!!!
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Richard :D I'll advise the VIN as soon as I get home this afternoon...

I did wonder about the possibility of joining the pipe but in a pressurised system I'm very wary...

Done it a few time on carb. equipped cars but there the pressures are very much lower...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Pump pressure is about 3 bar from what I recall. So 'highish' but not terribly high.

I had a quick look but it does not mention ET3 so I was not sure if its the 16v or the vvt unit. Richard will as you know be able to tell you with the VIN anyway.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's the VVT 1.4 ET3 engine Andy,

Just looked and no access to the top of the tank so does not look an easy job to replace the pipe...

VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Here's a picture of the pipe that's gone:

It loops up to the top of the tank under the floor and the other end connects to a connector just almost out of shot to the right of the picture...

I'm presuming the other end connects to the fuel pump and if so, I'm shocked that access to the pump (presumably in-tank) is not easy at first glance...

If it's a tank drop job then my local garage can do it...
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Bizarre place to go - a stone flicked up off the road perhaps?

Will have a look at the diags when I get home. Poss equivalent to C3; I'll have a look on the cit doc back up for any info on changing it.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote:Bizarre place to go - a stone flicked up off the road perhaps?
That's my thought Richard....
Jim

spider

Post by spider »

I've not looked at one but I'd of assumed it would be like most other models, an opening under a cover under the rear seat for reasonable access.

Having said that plastic pipes do not like being flexed so if its um "moulded" to shape around the tank then dropping the tank may be the only way to fit it...
Andy.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:I've not looked at one but I'd of assumed it would be like most other models, an opening under a cover under the rear seat for reasonable access.
No access cover I can see Andy ;(
spider wrote:Having said that plastic pipes do not like being flexed so if its um "moulded" to shape around the tank then dropping the tank may be the only way to fit it...
It is, quite tightly too...
Jim

spider

Post by spider »

Tank drop then by the sounds of it. :(

Oh you have a small message on FB too if you've not seen it. Not quite sure *why* I put it there instead of here apart from having too many tabs open.
Andy.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

According to the BoL there is an access hatch to get at the fuel pump and by extension, the other end of the pipe :D Must look more carefully when it stops raining... I could not see one first time...
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Item 4 by the looks of it?

Reference Description Quantity Price - VAT Price + VAT Total + VAT Selection
00001507C7 FUEL FEED PIPE 1 21.04 GBP 25.25 GBP 25.25 GBP

It does appear to show a blanking plug above the fuel pump - its on the NS by the looks of it.

C3 procedure says to remove the seat base (3 bolts at the back somewhere then tilt up) which then exposes the blanking plug.
Richard W
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if there is a hatch under the seat. Glad you got it before something awful happened to the car, or even worse to your daughter. So your down to the choice of two activae for car needs now! Use my one as much as you want, even the hospital run on Saturday if you want Jim.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

daviemck2006 wrote:Shouldn't be too much of a problem if there is a hatch under the seat. Glad you got it before something awful happened to the car, or even worse to your daughter. So your down to the choice of two activae for car needs now! Use my one as much as you want, even the hospital run on Saturday if you want Jim.

Just put your plates on the silver one Jim......even the courts would understand that a red Citroen has had a respray :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Wheeesht min. Reg transfers are trying to sell me it anyway!

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2