206 1.6Hdi Air con condenser; integral dryer ?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

onthecut

206 1.6Hdi Air con condenser; integral dryer ?

Post by onthecut »

Aircon is losing charge over about three days and I have my suspicions that the condenser may be the culprit. It appears to have an integral receiver dryer. My question is whether this is so or not. My usual supplier reckons it's a separable piece. I don't want to get it all stripped and find myself stuck for the relevant item.

Anyone confirm either way, please ? Also if you've all found it's definitely a pipe that gives out (or something), please tell !

Mike.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 206 1.6Hdi Air con condenser; integral dryer ?

Post by spider »

Servicebox indicates its a separate unit. Part is 6455CL for the drier um 'bottle' and 63306 for the condenser itself (up to 09792) , this shows the condenser and the bottle.

The other option does not show a bottle at all: 6455CW.

Can you not see the 'bottle' itself without much dismantling ? It does appear a separate unit.

EDIT... Upon further examination and thought, later ones appear combined, earlier ones (up to 09792) are separate... The description seems to indicate this. See pics of 'early' and 'later' ones...

Early:

Later:

Look on the right of the second (later ones) pic, the 'bottle' appears to be part of the unit itself, note the rounded shape compared to the earlier one.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
onthecut

Post by onthecut »

Thanks Andy.

Mine is definitely the lower one (the car is a 2006) and it very much looks all one piece to me.

Mike.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'd have to agree then (unfortunately) especially if the condenser in your car has the um, 'rounded' end at one end.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG