Pergeot 406 rear door lock

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Pergeot 406 rear door lock

Post by allanmc »

My son has a Pergeot 406 HDI 2004 the drivers side rear door wont open have the trim off and all the levers seem to work but the lock wont work can you help please

Allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Pergeot 406 rear door lock

Post by spider »

Deadlock may be jammed.

The 'bad' news is the only way I managed to 'fix' one of these (I've only ever done one, its quite rare) was to smash the lock / latch out from within the door :(

What you can try in the mean time (I'm assuming two button remote yes?) is lock it with the remote then deadlock it. Wait a couple of seconds then unlock it. Repeat a few times. Do not do it too fast as you'll cause the locking to cut out in a few cases.

If you do not have a remote key, hold the key in the drivers door in the 'lock' position (ie: do not let it spring back to the middle) for a few seconds, that may actuate the deadlock.

The 'exercise' might help to free it off.

Note: If it comes down to brute force with a chisel etc, take care as its surprisingly easy (I've seen it happen!) to punch the chisel etc through the outer door skin into the wing area.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

if you haven't already done so, do try a really generous application of oil: I swear by an old style squirty can containing cheap 20w50.

I had trouble with the central locking on my 405's NSR door for ages, realised that the lock was such a pig to get at that I'd live with it rather than change it, then found that by squirting oil liberally into the hole by the childlock switch that sorted it.

Obviously, in this case, you can't get to that side of the door but do get plenty of oil on & around it, you might be lucky.
Puxa
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Oh its well worth trying that. :)

Just if it is the deadlock then its unlikely to move but there's no harm in trying I guess.

Brute force was not my "ideal" answer either but I struggled to think of anything else.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG