Peugeot 807 rear caliper leaking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allbluedave
My Cars: peugeot 807

Peugeot 807 rear caliper leaking

Post by allbluedave »

Hey guys. Ok so while driving to work last week i got a message on the dash saying the brake fluid was low. I checked under the car and found that brake fluid had been running down the passenger rear wheel. I was thinking it was a damaged brake pipe but after having the car on the ramps at my local garage he said the caliper was stuffed and need replacing. Is there a rebuild kit to repair the leaking caliper or will i need a new one.? Cheers guys
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Peugeot 807 rear caliper leaking

Post by spider »

Its not listed although it is easier, quicker and generally safer to obtain a reconditioned / replacement one. A good motor factors will have one for you at a price a lot less than a main dealer would in most cases. If you did want to overhaul it again a factor may be able to obtain a rebuild kit for you. :)

My only point is ask what is in the rebuild kit before ordering or paying as it might just be a slide / pin kit rather than a seals assembly.

Quick pic:

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
allbluedave
My Cars: peugeot 807

Post by allbluedave »

Cheers spider. Ive decided to bite the bullet and order a brand new one online from germany. Hopefully it will be a easy job to change. In the mean time ill just have to keep topping up the fluid when the warning light comes on.
ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

I'm told the 2 torx bolts securing the caliper can be a problem to undo. Have heard stories of the car having to be jacked up very high in order to get enough leverage on them to get them loose. Have to say this wasn't my experiance, yes they were very tight as you'd expect but they did come out ok. Make sure you have a good fitting torx key and that it's in good condition.
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You're welcome. :)

Good to know you've sorted it.

They are by their nature a bit tight. Factory I think have a small blob of loctite or similar on the ends of the threads, not a bad idea generally for this kind of fastener (the 'carriage to the hub' bolt, not the calliper to carriage bolt) :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG