8o7 radio and nav headunit

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mipmops3
My Cars: 2013 c3 picasso exclusive 1.6 hdi

8o7 radio and nav headunit

Post by mipmops3 »

hi, i have just bought a 2005 807 zenith which has the sat nav in but someone has removed the radio headunit and put a sony radio cd player in it so therefore no sat nav. if i can source a second hand unit will i be able to install it and get it to work in my car with a lexia which i already have or will it have to be decoded somewhere first cheers andy
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: 8o7 radio and nav headunit

Post by Stickyfinger »

I cannot help, but maybe think about how good the SatNav on that system is and is it worth it over say a TomTom/Garmin ?

Can it search by Post-Code ?....I know the Citroen system of the same date cannot and is mostly usless
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 8o7 radio and nav headunit

Post by wheeler »

Most likely an RT3 unit. Yes you need to have the cars VIN programmed into the radio unit for it to work, this can be done with Planet/Lexia.
Do yourself a favour though & get a Tom Tom, it will be far superior to the 2001 technology in the RT3 unit & yes I don't believe it has full postcode search. The hands free phone function is a faf to use as well, you need to slot your SIM card into the unit when you want to use hands free.
The new Tom toms out just now even come with free map updates for life.