Peugeout 107 Black Box fitting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

michael maurice

Peugeout 107 Black Box fitting

Post by michael maurice »

My daughter has an O6 Peugeot 107 which shes been given a Black Box 'Telematics' to fit. She's not anyway near me so left it to her boyfriend to fit.

Trouble is they don't know if its fitted correctly. The connector as far as I can tell is under the lower steering column shroud.

They plugged it in somewhere and it supposedly lit up but their account didn't register any movement or driving, even though she had driven a little bit.

Can anyone advise please?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Peugeout 107 Black Box fitting

Post by CitroJim »

Grateful and interested to know more about this black box. What does it do?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Sounds like one of those record your driving style for the insurer type of things.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

CitroJim wrote:Grateful and interested to know more about this black box. What does it do?
It's a device used by newly qualified drivers in return for lower premiums. The black box is fitted into your car (which will be under 1.3ltrs) and gives information to your insurers. It records the speed at which the vehicle is driven, the distance travelled and the time of day or night that it's on the road. The device also gives information on the driving style by monitoring braking and cornering. It will also record the types of road on which the car is driven. A bit like having your granny sitting next to you... :P
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D Thanks for the explanation...

Sounds like a very good thing to me.. For all drivers...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
michael maurice

Post by michael maurice »

It is the black box for insurance purposes, but the instructions are scant and of no help to someone who doesn't know one end of a screwdriver to the other.

She even thought you have to take the steering wheel off!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Has it got a sim card in it to upload the data? It may need 48hrs to connect after first being turned on. Do you have the make and model of the box? Be far easier to understand if theres some instructions online.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Does it plug into the car's diagnostic port? If so it might be worth finding someone on here with the diagnostic equipment to check that the port is working properly. Over the years I've found a few to have broken connections or even completely missing!
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it has been given to the user to DIY fit id be fairly certain it plugs straight into the OBD socket. Are there any LED's that light up when its plugged in to at least show its powered up ?