407 - LCD display change

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kettlesimon

407 - LCD display change

Post by kettlesimon »

I have just bought a 2007 Peugeot 407sw and the LCD display has lost most of its pixels. I have sourced a replacement off ebay for @ £60 and I have watched a video tutorial. One thing that is not clear, is the radio held in by screws, or do you just push in something to release it. Any help would be gratefully accepted. I presume have got the correct one, with the 12 pin plug
2004 C5 Estate 2.0 HDi
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: 407 - LCD display change

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Was the seller based in Plymouth? There's a bloke on another forum who sells replacement screens and he provides full instructions and support if you drop him a message.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Can you take a picture of the front of the radio?

It probably has 4 holes or slots near the corners, you will need the right type of key (or something which will function as the key). Insert them in the holes/slots and the radio will pop out.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

you have to undo the two screws on either side of the screen via the black holes. then pull it out and unclip the connector. plug in the new one and then get a peugeot planet diagnostic to reprogramme it to be operational. thats how it was with mine. the heat made the screen blot really badly so much so it was basically unreadable. for fun, you can see if you can upgrade your LCD Multi function screen to the one that has different colors in it. I got the monochrome orange and black. had i known about the one where you change the color to blue, red, brown etc. i would have gotten that.