Peugeot 206 1.1 Fuel Filter Change

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ecohouse1
My Cars: Rover 75 CDT TourerAuto , , Mercedes 190E 1.8 1993, 2CV6 Special 1987, Peugeot 206 1.1 2001. Repairs and maintenance of two Hyundai i10s
Deceased
Xantia TD Estate 1999 (now with Chris Morewood)
Xsara 1.9D Saloon
BXTZD Break
BXTGD Hatch
Peugeot 309 1.9D
Various 2CVs
Porsche 924 lux
Porsche 924S
Renault Clio 1.4 Auto
GSA Pallas
Triumph Herald 1200

Peugeot 206 1.1 Fuel Filter Change

Post by ecohouse1 »

Silly question this, but I thought changing the Fuel filter on the Peugeot would be a 2 min job but I just couldn't get the "clip on" pipes to come off the old filter under the car. Maybe my fingers are too sausage like but the clips would not go in enough to release from the ends! Scared of breaking the pipes if I am too heavy handed so gave up! Van you get special pliers to push these clips fully in to release the pipes and does the whole white button go in or is it just an end of one? Sorry sounds like a real beginners question but wrestled with it for ages!! Come back Banjo's all is forgiven!!!!

Cheers

Alan
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Peugeot 206 1.1 Fuel Filter Change

Post by spider »

Slightly surprised you have one as some later models did without. :)

The 'quick release' clips there is a proper tool however all I *ever* used for these were flat type pliers:

Image borrowed from wikipedia. :)

Note: I have a snapon pair of these and a 'cheapo' bargain one, the 'bargain' one is small enough to press the 'buttons' on the fuel pipe without crushing the body of it. It would be maybe worth buying an ultra cheap pair from a bargain shop and cutting the 'ends' down a bit so they are a bit narrower if needed.

Be aware when you take the pipe off you'll release the fuel pressure ( ! ) , keep face protected out of the way. Clip may break holding filter up, in that case secure with two cable ties carefully. Leaving it dangling (the filter that is!) will likely result in an MOT fail due to 'insecure fuel fixtures' or suchlike.

New filter's there's a choice, ensure the new one has a 'rim' on the filter stubs near the filter itself as the ones without are meant for the earlier type with worm drive clips and some suppliers may mix them up "its a fuel filter innit?" etc *sigh*

Unsuitable:

Suitable (note the 'rim' near the filter stubs) sorry its a small pic:

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG