peugeot 307sw 1.6hdi dead !!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mdl350
New User

peugeot 307sw 1.6hdi dead !!!!!!!!

Post by mdl350 »

I am hoping some one can help me I have a peugeot 307sw 1.6hdi 2004 we have just done a head gasket on but now will not start.
Before doing the head gasket could not get any communication with the car using three different diagnostic machines now
it won't start it says economy mode active on dash
heater controls windows and radio do not work but engine turns over fine but does not start have checked all fuses and charged the battery timming has been checked but still not working any ideas? Thanks.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: peugeot 307sw 1.6hdi dead !!!!!!!!

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

have you had a DIS-LEXIA/PLANET plugged up it,below is a location map of FCF members who own a DIS-LEXIA/PLANET,
as this is the dealers diagnostic analyser,

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i find with my DIS-LEXIA if the correct rp No. is not entered it will no always hand shake with all/some of the ECU's

were are you located

have you tried disconnecting and re/connecting the battery ( do not operate anything electrical on the car for a good minute on disconnecting and re/connecting the battery )
as the ECU's require a shut down period with no activity,

or maybe if the battery was disconnected for a prolonged period you have lost the immobaliser code
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Gibbo Wirral, have you ever seen this? I've done yet another one today, the BSI completely loses its data, even the VIN is replaced by a line of "þþþþþþþþþþþþþþ"

So you start by adding in the VIN, then configuring the BSI, then re-learning the keys. 40 minutes once you've done a few.

An electronics tech suggested that a particular memory chip in the BSI may have a built in micro-battery that's nearly at the end of its service life (say, 10-15 years) and thus they become more unstable and likely to lose data if you flatten the car battery.
citronut
My Cars:

Re:

Post by citronut »

addo wrote: the BSI may have a built in micro-battery that's nearly at the end of its service life (say, 10-15 years) and thus they become more unstable and likely to lose data if you flatten the car battery.

a neighbor of mine used to have a Saab, the alarm went of when it felt like it, this was down to the alarm unit internal rechargeable battery dying,
Regards, malcolm.

Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re:

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

addo wrote:Gibbo Wirral, have you ever seen this? I've done yet another one today, the BSI completely loses its data, even the VIN is replaced by a line of "þþþþþþþþþþþþþþ"

So you start by adding in the VIN, then configuring the BSI, then re-learning the keys. 40 minutes once you've done a few.

An electronics tech suggested that a particular memory chip in the BSI may have a built in micro-battery that's nearly at the end of its service life (say, 10-15 years) and thus they become more unstable and likely to lose data if you flatten the car battery.
Not seen it personally but heard of it on the various forums and from another couple of diagnosers.

However, this seems to have happened after the car's been jump started a few times, so we just came to the conclusion that bad jumping procedure has fried the BSI.

As the BSI has re-writable components it is feasable that the flash memory is becoming weaker over time. I'm an IT engineer by trade and I see something similar a lot on older computers when the BIOS battery falls below a certain voltage - while the PC is connected to the mains its fine, but once disconnected the weak BIOS battery (even as high as around 2.75v) can't maintain the BIOS settings?
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
mdl350
New User

Post by mdl350 »

Hi guys thanks for the reply I have tried too do the bsi reset process but no joy. I am near bournemouth dorset.
Had another look today and checked I have no radio no heater controls no dip beam no wipers and no electric windows oh and non starting engine. I don't no if this sheds anymore light on it.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It does seem like the situation I describe above. Anyone with smarts and Diagbox or Peugeot Planet can sort it. You absolutely need the four character secure code though, as the last stage is re-learning your keys.

Oh, one other detail, I had to go into "Forcing of the customer mode" before I could program keys.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what analyser/diagnostic device are being plugged up this car????

it really does need to go on a dealer type analiser ( Peugeot Planet/Diagbox,

i just looked at the Lexia location map in the link i posted near the top of this thread, and i see Sir MikeT is near you,

if you have not got/have access to one of these analysers, you could contact Mike and ask if he minds running his machine over your car,

hope you dont mind me offering your services Mr Mike [-o< [-o< :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Being in eco mode will not stop it starting - but is the reason that none of the electrical accessories work. There are a number of reasons it might not want to start - but you need to get it on Diagbox so that you can check that you are getting cam / crank synch, that it can see the crank is rotating, and that you are getting sufficient rail pressure. This will then lead you to where to start looking. It is possible that you just haven't bled the diesel system well enough - try pumping the primer a lot with the ignition on, then leaving it for a few minutes, then giving it another pumping. You might just be lucky!
Richard W
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The scenario I describe above, will stop it from starting, although it cranks.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re:

Post by wheeler »

addo wrote:Gibbo Wirral, have you ever seen this? I've done yet another one today, the BSI completely loses its data, even the VIN is replaced by a line of "þþþþþþþþþþþþþþ"

I've seen this quite a few times, every time it has been related to the main battery, either when it has been disconnected without allowing the BSI to shut down properly or after attempting to jumpstart.
I've opened quite a few BSI's up but never seen anything on the board that looks like a battery, not that I'm an electronics expert mind.
With regards to the original post, did the car run before the head was removed ? Does it kick with a sniff of easy start ?
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Just leave the car..abandon it. Bury it or sell the parts. I now see why PSA Peugeot Citroen is a failing car brand.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

citronut wrote:hope you dont mind me offering your services Mr Mike [-o< [-o< :-D :wink:
Always happy to help others when I can. You're not volunteering me Malc, I did sign up to the lexia map.