206 side marker lights fuse?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ekaftan
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2006 C5 II Exclusive V6
1996 Volvo 940

206 side marker lights fuse?

Post by ekaftan »

Hi.

I bought a not so nice 2006 206 HDi yesterday. It has a known electrical problem I cannot fix: the front and rear position lights won't come on. Low (dipped) and high beams work fine, but the small position or marker lights don't.

I read and re-read the manual and all online info I could get and it seems as though there is no fuse for those and the supply comes directly from the BSI.

Is this a common problem? Dash lights come on ok and Peugeot Planet reports the COMM 2000 works perfectly (it has been repaired already, I found a receipt for a June 2014 repair in the glovebox)

Thanks,

ps: I used to post in this forum back in 2004 when I had a 405 and later in 2008 when I had couple of Xantias. Good to see its still up and running!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 206 side marker lights fuse?

Post by spider »

I think its two fuses so you do not lose them all if a fuse goes.

Although to be honest this does sound like a lighting switch issue aka COM 2000...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ekaftan
Donor 2023
1996 Volvo 940

Post by ekaftan »

spider wrote:
Although to be honest this does sound like a lighting switch issue aka COM 2000...
That's what I thought too... so I took the car to a friend with a Peugeot Planet unit and tested
it... it is telling the BSI to turn on the lights... but the BSI is not sending 12v out of the wires
to the lamps...

If its not a fuse, I may have to get another BSI... and thats expensive :(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

contact/phone Graham Hall in this ebay link

http://tinyurl.com/lacfhkn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he is very helpful and will discuss to fault in depth with you over the phone
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

+1 to Graham. He's a great guy and a regular Peugeot forum contributor.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
ekaftan
Donor 2023
1996 Volvo 940

Post by ekaftan »

Update:

I checked every wire and bulb on the car today. I found the likely culprit: the right rear taillight
assembly had a melted bulb and some signs of water ingress. I replaced the bulb but still no
position lights from the BSI.

I checked the wiring and I can make the position lights work by jumping the pins on the BSI connectors
but no voltage comes out of the BSI when the switch is moved to the position lights setting.

The heater control lights and the ashtray lights also do not work, nor do the licence plate lights.

All fuses in the BSI and BSM are fine and I took the BSI out of the car and opened it and all solder
points look fine and I was able to trace from the connectors to some integrated circuits. By the looks
of the chips, most likely power output drivers.

I am down to one of two possibilities:

One: the BSM is not sending power to some BSI input

Two: the BSI has some integrated circuit (maybe a power output driver) that is fried due to the water ingress and melted bulb
on the rear.

Good news, I fixed the cooling fan today while I was in there. The low speed resistor was open circuit. One from a breakers fixed it.
I got it for free where I bought the logos and spare BSI :)

More good news: fixing the fan fixed the aircon... nice thing to have when we are having 38C days...

Only thing I need to pass local MOT is for the lights to work. I don't need them to work as the factory intended. I may temporarily wire them
all to some other switched power and make them come when the car is running, for example. Bad 'Chilean style' fix, but I would be legal
for another year....