2007 plate Pug 207 1.4 vvti engine

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steve18gls
My Cars:

2007 plate Pug 207 1.4 vvti engine

Post by steve18gls »

Hello Guys. Im wonder if you can help with your knowledge and expertise. I did diagnostics on a non starting 207 1.4 vvt today but no diagbox error codes came up. The car seems to be overfuelling as it has a strong smell of petrol when turning over although it has a good strong spark but doesnt appear to want to fire. Looking from the front of the car there is a vvt actuator on the rear right of the cylinder head and it sounds like fluid rushing aroung inside but also sounding rough whilst operating. Do you have any experience of these units or any other possible remedies for the non starter ? Initially the car was parked up one night 2 weeks ago with no problems but would not start the morning after. P.s. I had my hand over the rear of the exhaust while it was being turned over and the compression seemed very low to me but maybe its another symptoms. Any help would be much appreciated fellas. :)
Thanks for reading,
Steve
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 2007 plate Pug 207 1.4 vvti engine

Post by spider »

I'm not that familiar with this system however I have seen it on a Toyota engine and it uses oil pressure to adjust the cam timing a bit, the idea being you get the advantage of low down torque (like an 8v engine) but also the benefits of more upper end power as per a 16v unit.

I don't think it can actually adjust the timing *that* far that it would cause it not to run though, at worst I would say it would run but a bit roughly.

The lack of compression does indicate something amiss though...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
steve18gls
My Cars:

Re: 2007 plate Pug 207 1.4 vvti engine

Post by steve18gls »

Yes it does but no error codes. I have never worked on one of these before so need a little help. :)