Peueot 407 Gearbox Faulty AL4 problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Re: Peueot 407 Gearbox Faulty AL4 problems

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

well that has got to be a cool mirage. from pics alone it looks like it wont fit. I saw one connected and in operation so im more confident. Just ordered a kit from Easy diagnostics. With that i should be able to tell exactly what is up my with 407.
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

Finally got lexia3 kit from easy diagnostics. and every installation file on the flash drive was incomplete or corrupted and did not work at all with the laptop. not even the virtual clone drive worked. i had to download all separately again. the diagbox iso usb file is almost 1.7GB. when i tried installing it after mounting it to the VCD, it says incomplete file. what a load of bullshit home diagnostics are. im thinking of sending this s**t back. what is point of sending a flashdrive with the files if its all messed up?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That does surprise me. I found Easy Diagnostics to be helpful. Mind you, I also had the software sent out to me on DVD.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Peugeot_Russ wrote:Finally got lexia3 kit from easy diagnostics. and every installation file on the flash drive was incomplete or corrupted and did not work at all with the laptop. not even the virtual clone drive worked. i had to download all separately again. the diagbox iso usb file is almost 1.7GB. when i tried installing it after mounting it to the VCD, it says incomplete file. what a load of bullshit home diagnostics are. im thinking of sending this (-expletive removed-) back. what is point of sending a flashdrive with the files if its all messed up?
Have you tried asking them? They're usually very helpful...
Peugeot_Russ
My Cars:

Post by Peugeot_Russ »

The technician will be available next week. what irritates me is that ive waited so long and i thought it would be as easy as the video shows. I installed the VCD but the diagbox setup after mounting it to the VCD when checking the installation it says incomplete or damaged file. Nothing concerning peugeot planet installation works. only the video and the installation step process. I have to resort to using their website to install the VCD because that too didnt work from the flashdrive.

i dont live in the UK or Europe so my internet isnt 2 GB + a sec like you guys :-D :-D :shock: So for me to download 1.70 GB is gonna take forever. I dont want to go sit in a cafe somewhere for 4 hours downloading this diagbox setup only to have it fail. Im stumped. then there's another file that is asking for a password.
I made a serious error in buying a Peugeot. I should have stuck to the C Amg kompressor. they dont sell peugeots anymore where i live so nobody gives a damn about them. My peugeot is fighting me every step of the way, like a bad wife that desperately wants out of marriage.

I am disgusted at the whole affair.
Micgwe
My Cars: Peugeot 407 1.6 HDI Auto

Post by Micgwe »

Hi! to you all.

Russ were you able to fix your Peugeot? I have one and it has the same problem of PRND GEARBOX FAULTY. I have tried the local peugeot dealership for help to no avail.